Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Rails and Trails
Lens: sigma 18-300 contemporary Camera: K3 Photo Location: Ferry Landing State Park , CT ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/1250s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: brewmaster15, 01-20-2020, 07:10 AM

Boardwalk along the Connecticut River shoreline,overlooking the Rail Bridge and River. Very Scenic spot.

al
Views: 423
01-20-2020, 07:28 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This is a very nice photo. It really captures the bridge nicely and the grass looks very good in the foreground. That looks like another great spot to bring the camera.
01-20-2020, 07:41 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good photo Brewmaster! And yes, I agree with ToddK, it looks like an environment that abounds with photo-ops
01-20-2020, 08:37 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful landscape, Al. The Connecticut River offers a lot to see - over the last couple of years, we've enjoyed a trail near Windsor Locks, a visit to the Gillette Castle and a combined railroad/river tour that originates near Essex - a town worth seeing for its own sake.

Jer

01-20-2020, 09:36 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
This is a very nice photo. It really captures the bridge nicely and the grass looks very good in the foreground. That looks like another great spot to bring the camera.
Thanks Todd, It is a great camera shot. I spend a day there once just shooting that bridge.

---------- Post added 01-20-20 at 09:38 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Robin Quote
Good photo Brewmaster! And yes, I agree with ToddK, it looks like an environment that abounds with photo-ops
Thank you Robin! That area is great and a little unknown except to the locals. I spent years crabbing the opposite shore and didn't even know the park existed.

---------- Post added 01-20-20 at 09:42 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Beautiful landscape, Al. The Connecticut River offers a lot to see - over the last couple of years, we've enjoyed a trail near Windsor Locks, a visit to the Gillette Castle and a combined railroad/river tour that originates near Essex - a town worth seeing for its own sake.

Jer
Jer, Glad you have been exploring the area when you visit here. Many trips myself to Gillette Castle and the grounds there and I know that Essex rail and river tour well. Used to take my kids to see Thomas the Tank engine there when they were young, now we do the Dinner Train from time to time. Thanks for the comments!

Al