Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Farewell
Lens: Pentax-A 50mm f/1.7 Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Somerset, PA ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/90s Aperture: F5 
Posted By: Gorgarath, 01-29-2020, 06:21 PM

My last photo of our cat. Cancer came quick and hit hard. At least she's no longer in pain.

SOOC

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 1,062
01-29-2020, 08:16 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The love will always be in your heart.
01-29-2020, 09:19 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So very sorry for your loss. We have had to say goodbye to four dogs in two years. I understand.
01-30-2020, 06:10 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am very sorry for your loss. I am sure she was a special pet and will always be there in your memories.

01-30-2020, 07:11 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gorgarath Quote
My last photo of our cat. Cancer came quick and hit hard. At least she's no longer in pain.

SOOC
Im sorry for the loss of your family member.I have been there too many times with my cats. Im glad she isn't suffering anymore. She was beautiful.

AL
01-30-2020, 07:57 AM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Tremendously sorry for your loss. I'm sure she has touched you and your family and brought many memories that will continue to live on.
I, too, am glad she's not suffering. It's a difficult decision but ultimately a kind one.
01-30-2020, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So sorry. We have a cat (or he has us), so I understand how you must feel.

Jer

01-30-2020, 10:17 AM   #8
Total n00b Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you all for your kind words. It was a bit of a rough night.

The cat pretty much adopted our youngest as her own as he was a baby when we got the cat. As a kitten, she was small enough to crawl under the bedroom doors at our old house (there was about a 2" gap IIRC, assuming for air circulation with the forced air heating) and would then jump into his crib to sleep with him. Alarmed a bit at first, she was good and never tried actually sleeping on him but would just lay at the other end of his crib just to be near him. She'd also do the same thing in his playpen. It was hard when he came home from school yesterday, as soon as he walked in the door, not knowing that we had decided to take her to be put down that evening because of how fast she was deteriorating, he asked how she was and then went to go sit with her and pet her.

Our oldest had her pet rabbit suddenly die last year, "her" dog (it was my mother-in-law's dog, but they got it when she was a baby and we lived with them at the time, they were inseparable, even after we moved and we'd go to visit, they were often together) was put down over the summer and she wasn't able to say goodbye to him, and now our cat that she would kidnap for cuddles all the time is gone.

Tira was very much a look-a-like of Reece, whom my wife had rescued as a kitten when she was a kid and had until we moved out here. She passed away a couple of years after we lived out here. They were both really good cats. She also just lost her step-sister to cancer not that long ago as well, so she's getting hit pretty hard by this and wondering why.

I also miss the little fur-ball as well. She was a good cat and would help comfort me when I needed it.
01-30-2020, 08:34 PM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So sorry for your loss. Beautiful picture of a beautiful kitty!