Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Me and the Boys
Camera: iPhone Xs Photo Location: Our Driveway 
Posted By: Sailor, 02-04-2020, 02:50 PM

A posed shot of me today while cleaning up Mr. Blue on a pleasant winter afternoon here in SE Texas (wife Connie, the photographer). I'm working (but not too hard) at the last step (Mequiar's Ultimate Detailer) with AirPods in place providing a background from my large and eclectic collection of music, and there's a cold beer out of sight but near at hand. My 911 will get the same treatment in a few days if the weather cooperates.

Jer

Views: 707
02-04-2020, 10:49 PM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
My 911 will get the same treatment in a few days if the weather cooperates.
AND if that " cold beer out of sight " doesn't turn into 2.........or 3.......... or 4 Jer. Just sayin' buddy. ................
02-04-2020, 11:50 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Only thing missing in that shot is a stubby of Beer
02-05-2020, 01:47 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
WoW!! A beautiful home, two exotic German sports cars, you sir are my new best friend. A very nice capture and thanks for sharing. Your other half did a great job.

TT

02-05-2020, 07:23 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
AND if that " cold beer out of sight " doesn't turn into 2.........or 3.......... or 4 Jer. Just sayin' buddy. ................
Peter, I must confess that more than one was consumed.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Only thing missing in that shot is a stubby of Beer
Hey, EM - educate me: is a stubby like a keg? No stubby, but I did have a few cans available.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
WoW!! A beautiful home, two exotic German sports cars, you sir are my new best friend. A very nice capture and thanks for sharing. Your other half did a great job.

TT
Thanks, Tony. Our house is anything but palatial, but it does have a three-car garage, so Connie can have the car she wants while I have a couple to play with. Incidentally, three-car garages are not uncommon here in SE Texas and often partially used for storage, since the area is unsuitable for basements.

Jer
02-05-2020, 08:59 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

not certain about EM but where I grew up

it was " stubby " vs. " long neck "

stubby beer bottle - Google Search

nice vehicles

your wife did good in allowing you to have the cars and the photo

my wife has allowed me to have a 2015 Audi A 5
02-06-2020, 06:35 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
not certain about EM but where I grew up

it was " stubby " vs. " long neck "

stubby beer bottle - Google Search

nice vehicles

your wife did good in allowing you to have the cars and the photo

my wife has allowed me to have a 2015 Audi A 5
By golly, now that your link jiggles my aging brain, I remember those stubbies - but I haven't seen one in years if not decades.

And, yeah, my wife has been sanguine - and sometimes actively supportive - about my car "habit".

Also, congrats on the A5 - an absolutely beautiful car!

Jer

02-06-2020, 06:48 AM   #8
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

. . . Also, congrats on the A5 - an absolutely beautiful car!

Jer
thank you

I prefer the look of the 2015 A 5 coupe over the newer models

it is my first two door
02-06-2020, 07:13 AM   #9
Veteran Member

A posed shot of me today while cleaning up Mr. Blue on a pleasant winter afternoon here in SE Texas (wife Connie, the photographer). I'm working (but not too hard) at the last step (Mequiar's Ultimate Detailer) with AirPods in place providing a background from my large and eclectic collection of music, and there's a cold beer out of sight but near at hand. My 911 will get the same treatment in a few days if the weather cooperates.

Jer

NIce Kids Jer! Real nice Kids!

al
02-06-2020, 07:31 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
thank you

I prefer the look of the 2015 A 5 coupe over the newer models

it is my first two door
I agree; the 2015 has clean straight lines that I love. Everything is perfect visual proportion - Audi should've left well enough alone!!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
NIce Kids Jer! Real nice Kids!

al
They're well behaved, Al. I would sure love to drive the 911 on some of Connecticut's amazing "back roads."

Jer
02-06-2020, 07:37 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shot by Connie, Jer! I see that satisfaction on your face of finishing the job, and the anticipation of a cold beer
02-06-2020, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

I agree; the 2015 has clean straight lines that I love. Everything is perfect visual proportion - Audi should've left well enough alone!!

Jer

They're well behaved, Al. I would sure love to drive the 911 on some of Connecticut's amazing "back roads."

Jer

Lol.. be sure if you ever do thats in the early fall.. Takes them a while to fill all the pot holes from winter and wash out the salt!
02-06-2020, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #13
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree; the 2015 has clean straight lines that I love. Everything is perfect visual proportion - Audi should've left well enough alone!!. . .
rumor has it that the designer ( and the design of the A 5 was the same 2007 - 2016 ) didn't want a sun roof and would only agree if it was one that tilted only, not completely open

QuoteQuote:
... The A5 Coupe has always come standard with a power sunroof, but it doesn't actually open -- it only tilts. You can't slide it, or lift it out, or remove it to actually get the "open air" feeling you get with basically every other sunroof. Have you ever wondered why that is?

Well, there's a reason behind it -- and also a little conspiracy theory that I think might be at play.. . . . According to Audi, the A5 doesn't have an opening sunroof because the designer didn't want it that way. You see, the A5 was designed by Walter de Silva, who's quite famous in the world of car design, as he created an enormous number of beautiful cars -- including the Alfa Romeo 156, the Audi R8, the Volkswagen CC . . . So by the time the A5 came out, in 2007, Audi figured they'd just let de Silva do what he does best: design the car. So he designed the car, and everything went according to plan, except it has just one little problem: The roofline slopes to a degree where you can't really get an opening sunroof in there. Audi figured they could have the sunroof open on the outside of the car, rather than within the roof, but de Silva quashed this idea. Apparently, he told Audi that the A5 is the most beautiful car he ever designed, and having a sunroof that opened outside would ruin the lines. Audi went along with it -- and, to this day, the A5 doesn't have an opening sunroof. . . .

With that said, I have a little conspiracy of my own here. I think it'd certainly be true that a sunroof that opened outside the car would have a negative effect on its appearance -- but I also think Audi didn't want a sunroof because they knew they'd be coming out with an open-top cabriolet model. . . .

That's the official line: The A5 is too beautiful for a sunroof. To de Silva's credit, the car is definitely beautiful -- and quite possibly the most beautiful coupe in the last decade. . . .
https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/heres-why-sunroof-doesnt-open-audi-a5-265374
02-06-2020, 09:40 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Great shot by Connie, Jer! I see that satisfaction on your face of finishing the job, and the anticipation of a cold beer
Hey, Todd - I'll pass along the compliment to the photographer.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Lol.. be sure if you ever do thats in the early fall.. Takes them a while to fill all the pot holes from winter and wash out the salt!
Well . . . . . there is that.

We drove from Enfield to Lime Rock one summer afternoon a few years ago, and I remember seeing what must have been car clubs plying the wonderfully curvy roads - flocks of Miatas, Corvettes and a few Porsches. Sure would like to make that run in mine (minus any salt!).

Jer

rumor has it that the designer ( and the design of the A 5 was the same 2007 - 2016 ) didn't want a sun roof and would only agree if it was one that tilted only, not completely open
Terrific stories like this one are what make cool cars . . . . . well . . . . . . cool!

Jer