Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Got my Tammy 28-75mmmm Got my Flash
Posted By: metroeloise, 10-25-2008, 11:22 AM

Wow!
Got these and had to go right away. Just a quick look at the instructions (Chants: RTFM, RTFM). First shot just to see if it all worked together: Dried Flowers.

First Multi burst. Diffuser is needed as is a monopod. Long exposures still make for camera shake. Still for a first one:

And the first good hoolahooper! One of the reasons I got this flash. That and the circus (there's a show tonight!).

My Video card died and so there is virtually no PP to any of these and they seem to be more dark than on my laptop monitor. I'll fix some up but still there is goodness in the shots.

Views: 1,376
10-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Forgive me for saying so but most of the shots you have posted seem underexposed. Are you using EV adjustment? I know when I started with my K10 it took me a while to get to grips with it's tendency to underexpose. This was my first grown up camera for thirty odd years so initially I thought shots were meant to be that way. Then I started metering and learned how to compensate.
10-25-2008, 03:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yes That too!

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Forgive me for saying so but most of the shots you have posted seem underexposed. Are you using EV adjustment? I know when I started with my K10 it took me a while to get to grips with it's tendency to underexpose. This was my first grown up camera for thirty odd years so initially I thought shots were meant to be that way. Then I started metering and learned how to compensate.
Thanks for bring this up. My process for learning seems to be piecemeal. And the whole setting up the EV adjustment is something I am just figuring out. I have been shooting manually and then noticing that I am constantly adjusting. "Gee, it'd be nice if this was more automatic... Oh yeah EV!"

SO thanks for pointing this out. Is there a way that each lens is remembered for EV as is they are for Focus adjustments?
10-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Sorry, I can't answer that I have a K10.
I don't use EV adjustment myself, I have made minor adjustments in the setup menu, saturation, sharpness, contrast.
I've only just started using the green button for metering, I used to just eyeball, chimp and adjust before that.
I'm not technically competent but with time I have become competent (I think) with my camera and what it can and can't do.

10-25-2008, 05:25 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Sorry, I can't answer that I have a K10.
I don't use EV adjustment myself, I have made minor adjustments in the setup menu, saturation, sharpness, contrast.
I've only just started using the green button for metering, I used to just eyeball, chimp and adjust before that.
I'm not technically competent but with time I have become competent (I think) with my camera and what it can and can't do.
Seems we may learn in the same mode. I chip away at the subject and integrate an "intuitive" understanding; then absorb a more formal framework. As it works out in photography I am learning everything in manual mode. Then as I notice patterns I question them and return to The Manual. Oh, and I ask questions here!

I do use the green button for metering. I have it set to use my currently selected aperture setting to find me proper exposure. I like the suggestion of dropping back to eyeballing it. Would make it second nature to evaluate a lighting as a exposure setting. I'll do it! Thanks Gary.

Last edited by metroeloise; 10-25-2008 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Fixed the name!