Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
The Glass Is More Than Half Full
Posted By: Mike Cash, 10-26-2008, 01:36 AM

On certain days of the year or on certain anniversaries it is customary in Japan to visit cemeteries and clean up the family tomb and leave behind symbolic offerings, typically food and/or drink but sometimes cigarettes or perhaps small toys for a child.

I spotted this glass and decided it would be worth a few minutes to try to get a good shot of it. Nothing was rearranged for the shot; this is just as I found it.

Pentax K20D
SMC Takumar 55/1.8
Pentax AF200T
Flash Waves

I put the flash up nice and high in an attempt to shoot as close to straight down as I could. The non-filled portion of the glass really picked up a lot of glare which was easily killed by using a sharply-defined graduated filter for brightness in Lightroom 2.
Views: 1,253
10-26-2008, 01:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice story - good shot and great pp.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, flash, glass, pentax, photo, shot