Sitting on our back fence

Handsome young Cooper's Hawk
by Larry Mc, on Flickr
Views: 510
03-21-2020, 01:27 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Larrymc Quote
Thanks, Yep they were taking taking a couple of smaller birds along with a few doves last summer but I haven't seen any feathers in our yard this year, yet. Last year on occasion one wound swoop in and perch on a shepherd's hook for a bit. Thanks for the visit!!
You know the coopers are happy when you go outside and think itís snowing, only to discover itís down feathers coming down

I have found several times in my yard simply a circle of feathers. At one point for a period of 2 weeks you could set your watch based upon when they would visit the yard. It seems they almost have a programmed route, and as long as they find food they keep coming. My experience is they prefer doves. I donít get doves any more...

03-21-2020, 07:49 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
You know the coopers are happy when you go outside and think itís snowing, only to discover itís down feathers coming down

I have found several times in my yard simply a circle of feathers. At one point for a period of 2 weeks you could set your watch based upon when they would visit the yard. It seems they almost have a programmed route, and as long as they find food they keep coming. My experience is they prefer doves. I donít get doves any more...
Yep they were hammering the doves pretty heavily last year. We've still have quite a dove population here.