Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
VW Microbus
Lens: Pentax smc DA 50mm f/1.8 Lens Camera: Pentax K-5 
Posted By: mroeder75, 03-15-2020, 10:41 PM

Long explanation. Two years ago, I was checking out Arlo Guthrie's concert schedule. Cripes, I missed him in Iowa City, but his schedule placed him in Tucson. I contacted family members in Tucson, and my sister, just retired from the police dept. knew someone running security for an Arlo Guthrie concert at a theatre. So I sent her a photo of my old VW Microbus, to ask if she could get it autographed, and yes! It was about almost as thrilling then as scoring a package of toilet paper in March 2020 !

A local artiste, and photographer, who has done framing for me was commissioned. I gave her my photo of the Microbus with Arlo's signature. She knew the song, and the background about it, even the red VW Microbus - she's 4-years older than me. I didn't know the background until the past 5-years. My VW Microbus was a 1970. I hauled Ramsey Clarke in it in Tallahassee. It was 10-years old when photographed. Look at the antique guides around the photo of my Microbus. She is an artiste and I gave her complete license to create something I could display. She put this collage together. I am not posting this anywhere else, just here. For those who don't know the background of Alice's Restaurant, go here:
There is a B-movie for free on youtube, too.

I drove this thing Dubuque to Tallahassee RT about 4-times.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 537