Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Orange Trumpets
Lens: Sigma 180mm F3.5 Macro Camera: Pentax K-1 Photo Location: Perth Western Australia 
Posted By: eaglem, 03-17-2020, 07:52 PM

in a cluster

Views: 447
03-17-2020, 10:10 PM   #2
Banned

For me, this is an absolute yes. At risk of sounding like a judge from America's got Talent.
This is very nicely done. Outstanding technical understanding of exposure and composition. Clean.
Really nice. 5 stars. One of the best flower images I've seen. Sharp with soft. Masterful use of light.
This is how it's done.

I am envious.

Edit - On a side note I am dying to have a K1 MkII. I feel like I have progressed to the point of actually being able to put it to good use.
But I may be wrong, because I know if you give a lousy painter the best brushes, he will still be a lousy painter. And I'm not that good.
I just keep thinking what I could do, and the possibility of 36MP, and a larger sensor, compared to what I'm using 16MP and a crop sensor.
I sure would like to have it. It could be the difference in making an average painter, not great, but better.

Last edited by LightSpeed; 03-17-2020 at 10:27 PM.
03-17-2020, 11:05 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LightSpeed Quote
For me, this is an absolute yes. At risk of sounding like a judge from America's got Talent.
This is very nicely done. Outstanding technical understanding of exposure and composition. Clean.
Really nice. 5 stars. One of the best flower images I've seen. Sharp with soft. Masterful use of light.
This is how it's done.

I am envious.

Edit - On a side note I am dying to have a K1 MkII. I feel like I have progressed to the point of actually being able to put it to good use.
But I may be wrong, because I know if you give a lousy painter the best brushes, he will still be a lousy painter. And I'm not that good.
I just keep thinking what I could do, and the possibility of 36MP, and a larger sensor, compared to what I'm using 16MP and a crop sensor.
I sure would like to have it. It could be the difference in making an average painter, not great, but better.
I'm only a hobbyist as far as photography goes And I'm still using a K1, never upgraded to a K!ii
03-18-2020, 07:45 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Knock out shot, my friend.

Jer

03-18-2020, 08:32 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote