Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
barn find
Lens: DA 100mm wr macro Camera: K3 Photo Location: kitchen ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 3s Aperture: F3.2 
Posted By: fuzzyphotos, 03-23-2020, 05:15 PM

Something to do while stuck (mostly) at home. We found this old matchbox car in a crawlspace of a house we remodeled. I've been playing around with a free trial of Zerene Stacker and also with Hugin. I see I've missed the focus on the front finder and wheel and also a few gaps in sharpness but something to keep me occupied. I also broke out my K55 1.8 and manual bellows for the first time in years. I had some good fun taking pictures of wild onion bulbs as well as an Advil tablet. I need to get more creative. This is less than impressive but it's only my 3rd stack,

I was able to get hugin to work but the result was less than impressive, I guess there are settings I need to tweak.

Tim

Attached Images

Views: 522
03-23-2020, 09:46 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Like the 'patina'. Looks like a Ford GT40...so this mini car may go back to the 1960's. Just a guess on my part. Like the background you came up with...simple, white, effective.
03-24-2020, 07:21 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A very effective and clever photo. Looks like a Lotus Europe with a V-8 engine stuffed in the back.

Jer
03-24-2020, 03:57 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks, I thought a simple white background would work best, not sure the car make and model. I do need lots more practice but it’s a fun pass time for now.