Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Who is Photographing Who Here??
Lens: Pentax HD DA 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE Lens Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: From my home ISO: 640 Shutter Speed: 1/1250s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: K2 to K50, 03-26-2020, 04:41 AM

This helicopter was flying around the local area for almost an hour. At first took a number of shots (generally mediocre) with the 300 PLM on the tripod just because I happened to have it set up at the time. It came back some time later, while I was still back inside the house, so I thought "Let's have a few more goes at this". This time hand held, with the higher shutter speed deliberately chosen, with burst mode turned on, and with autofocus mode shooting set to "Focus Priority". Not a competition winner, but it is close to the best I have managed to achieve of this sort of shot (which may or may not be saying much!!!)

Here is one shot from this second group of shots. This is a crop. The original can be looked at, if interested to see how far away the helicopter was, by clicking on this pick, which will take you to the original on my One-Drive.

Name:  PETE4938.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  58.4 KB

Views: 428
03-26-2020, 05:20 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pretty cool! An bit creepy to see this guy snapping shots of people's backyards.
03-26-2020, 06:35 AM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Impressive

Looking at the colour scheme of the chopper, I'm wondering if it's Police...