PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 458
03-26-2020, 07:46 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
It didn't get better...
Why, Kerrowdown, I thought that that looks like quite a bright day for Scotland? I mean, you can actually see clear across the valley!

I was going to mention that I fell in love with the idea of Scotland before I even reached my teens, through the movie Brigadoon (God help me!!!). But that prompted me to google it, and I now find that everything about the movie was fake, filmed in the US with fake painted scenery, and fake accents that would make any tru Scot cringe. Another illusionary bubble burst!

But I have seen docos, both nature and travel, of the Scottish highlands, and marvel at how there can still be so much amazing wilderness in such a small island roughly the same size as Victoria, which is such a tiny portion of the Australian mainland.

All of which is a lead-up to saying, nice pastoral image, Kerrowdown.
03-27-2020, 12:28 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Why, Kerrowdown, I thought that that looks like quite a bright day for Scotland? I mean, you can actually see clear across the valley!

I was going to mention that I fell in love with the idea of Scotland before I even reached my teens, through the movie Brigadoon (God help me!!!). But that prompted me to google it, and I now find that everything about the movie was fake, filmed in the US with fake painted scenery, and fake accents that would make any tru Scot cringe. Another illusionary bubble burst!

But I have seen docos, both nature and travel, of the Scottish highlands, and marvel at how there can still be so much amazing wilderness in such a small island roughly the same size as Victoria, which is such a tiny portion of the Australian mainland.

All of which is a lead-up to saying, nice pastoral image, Kerrowdown.

Thank you for your kind comments, Brigadoon the movie is best seen after having several large drams...

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 03-27-2020 at 04:37 AM.
03-27-2020, 06:13 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice image. This is a great idea! You go out and battle the elements so we can sit in comfort in our kitchen and look at them

03-27-2020, 06:24 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Very nice image. This is a great idea! You go out and battle the elements so we can sit in comfort in our kitchen and look at them
This is literally just ootside the hoose, nae battlin' involved.

Gave the image a wee tweak too... I like this better.

03-27-2020, 06:36 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Gave the image a wee tweak too... I like this better.
I do as well. The little bit of color enhancement give the trees and pasture in the foreground a little more definition.
03-27-2020, 06:38 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I do as well. The little bit of colour enhancement give the trees and pasture in the foreground a little more definition.
Thanks for your vote of confidence.

03-27-2020, 03:27 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I do as well. The little bit of color enhancement give the trees and pasture in the foreground a little more definition.
Thanks for your vote of confidence.
Is it just my eyes/imagination, or do the clouds also seem a little "cleaner" in the second image? Certainly the green in the foreground foliage jumps out a little more.
03-27-2020, 03:32 PM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Is it just my eyes/imagination, or do the clouds also seem a little "cleaner" in the second image? Certainly the green in the foreground foliage jumps out a little more.
Yes on both counts, you've a good eye for such a subtle level of detail change.

Which means my work was worthwhile venture.