Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
It Was a Very Good Year . . . . . .
Lens: DFA 28-105 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Lakewood Yacht Club 
Posted By: Sailor, 04-04-2020, 02:42 PM

In the spring of last year, I enjoyed (and photographed) some first-class auto shows, something I was looking forward to repeating this year with a Porsche Concours in March, the Houston Mecum auction in April and the Keels and Wheels Concours in May. Alas, that was not to be, so today I looked back at some previously unposted shots I took at last year's Keels and Wheels Concours at the Lakewood Yacht Club in Seabrook, TX - a coastal community near Galveston Bay.

Here are two shots of a red 1933 Buick Victoria, the second of which shows a lady who appears unimpressed with the vehicle. Also, I included a pic of a yellow Lambo (don't know which model) and a 1955 Morris Minor with split windshield.

Jer

Views: 411
04-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #2
pjv
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another excellent series buddy.
04-04-2020, 03:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sharp, colourful and detailed just as we like them
04-04-2020, 03:39 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Great pix. I really like the frontal view of that '33 Buick. I've tried the same effect, but so far haven't carried it off as well as you did in this pix. And then of course, there is your photograph of the green Morris Minor. Thx for posting that Morris portrait.

Think I've mentioned in the past that when I was growing up in the '50's our neighbours in the house next door...all born in Bristol, England (Cary Grant's birthplace)...had a green Morris Minor 4 door sedan, just like the one in your picture. They were wonderful people and your photo brought back some nice memories of those days.

BTW, the picture of the Lambo is very nice too...but my favourite has to be the green Morris.

Some might say you can't really compare an old Morris to a Lamborghini and I would have to agree...but then there could be more than one way of interpreting that view.

BTW, nice idea to post photos taken in previous years. A very good strategy for coping with self isolation.

Take care.

Les

04-05-2020, 06:44 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pjv Quote
Another excellent series buddy.
Hey, Pete! Thanks much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Sharp, colourful and detailed just as we like them
Thanks for the very kind words, my friend.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Great pix. I really like the frontal view of that '33 Buick. I've tried the same effect, but so far haven't carried it off as well as you did in this pix. And then of course, there is your photograph of the green Morris Minor. Thx for posting that Morris portrait
BTW, nice idea to post photos taken in previous years. A very good strategy for coping with self isolation . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . Take care.

Les
I sure appreciate the nice words, Les! The Morris shot is also my favorite - in fact, other than an incredible BMW 328 roadster of the '30s, the Morris was the high point of the show for me. You may recall that I learned to drive in a Morris Minor 1000 convertible that my Dad bought new in '58. They are a very, very rare sight these days - at least in the places I've lived over the past 30 years.

Jer