Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Some winter birds
Lens: DA* 300+1.4 Camera: KP_K3 Photo Location: Canada ISO: 16000 
Posted By: Heinrich Lohmann, 04-05-2020, 10:07 AM

Haven't been around here very much in the last 6 month or so but making an effort to change that.
Last November my wife and myself moved into a so called "Seniors Residents". (can't call them Old Folks Home anymore) Elly has dementia which is still sort of still manageable and needs a walker to get around on account of really bad knees.
My biggest problem is arthritis, sort of under control wit steroid injections. MD limits my computer time to about an hour.

Anyway, we live in a small two bedroom apartment on the third floor, the view from the second bedroom (my Computer room) is pretty decent. Here is a partial view:

A bunch of Magpies live in those trees all winter but a few weeks ago the Northern Flickers as well as the Robins returned. Pleas keep in mind that all of these images are shot through double pane windows.

Comments are always welcome and appreciated.
Views: 513
04-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a wonderful series, Heinrich. A real pleasure, as always.

I'm happy that you can get about, but I'm sorry to hear that your wife is suffering. Please take care of yourself; I'm looking forward to more of your posts!

Jer
04-05-2020, 11:32 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Heinrich, these are terrific images and you have a very nice view from your apartment. Shooting through the window hasn't really affected the image quality. I am also sorry to hear about your wife, and wish you and her the best. Todd
04-05-2020, 11:59 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Excellent shots Heinrich, especially through windows! I hope all the best for you and your wife

04-05-2020, 12:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you for sharing these photos.
04-05-2020, 09:34 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Some wonderful shots , love the one with the snow falling , sounds like your taking good care of your wife , nice view from your window , now if that was me , being a few years away yet , i would be taking advantage of those trees in front of me and placing or have someone place for me a bird feeder in what appears to be a poplar or Birch tree , and have someone fill it with seed every now and then , has to be someone with a son or grandson willing to help out .
04-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What a wonderful series, Heinrich. A real pleasure, as always.

I'm happy that you can get about, but I'm sorry to hear that your wife is suffering. Please take care of yourself; I'm looking forward to more of your posts!

Jer
Thank you Jer for the kind words, it is what it is and at 87 I am not complaining.
'
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Heinrich, these are terrific images and you have a very nice view from your apartment. Shooting through the window hasn't really affected the image quality. I am also sorry to hear about your wife, and wish you and her the best. Todd
Thank you Todd. it is appreciated

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Excellent shots Heinrich, especially through windows! I hope all the best for you and your wife
Thank you Bert for the kind comment and best wishes, it is appreciated.

QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
Thank you for sharing these photos.
Thank you and you are welcome

QuoteOriginally posted by Outlander Quote
Some wonderful shots , love the one with the snow falling , sounds like your taking good care of your wife , nice view from your window , now if that was me , being a few years away yet , i would be taking advantage of those trees in front of me and placing or have someone place for me a bird feeder in what appears to be a poplar or Birch tree , and have someone fill it with seed every now and then , has to be someone with a son or grandson willing to help out .
Thank you for the kind comments, as far as the birdfeeder idea is concerned, I had given it some though BUT the area is part of a Reginal Park and it wouldn't fly very well.

04-06-2020, 12:31 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice Heinrich. Looks like a beautiful area. I seem to remember that more often than not magpies were always screaming at us while camping. But they really are a handsome bird.
04-06-2020, 09:30 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DW58 Quote
Very nice Heinrich. Looks like a beautiful area. I seem to remember that more often than not magpies were always screaming at us while camping. But they really are a handsome bird.
Thank you and yes they can be annoying on a campsite.
04-07-2020, 06:52 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Sorry to hear about Elly Heinrich. It must be very hard on you both. The apartment view looks a treat and those double panes sure haven't hindered your photographic ability. I love magpies. We don't get them in our area of the country but when we head west, I always look for them and then I know we are truly in travel mode. Wishing you and Elly the best and looking forward to seeing more of your "birds from the window" series.
04-07-2020, 10:29 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Sorry to hear about Elly Heinrich. It must be very hard on you both. The apartment view looks a treat and those double panes sure haven't hindered your photographic ability. I love magpies. We don't get them in our area of the country but when we head west, I always look for them and then I know we are truly in travel mode. Wishing you and Elly the best and looking forward to seeing more of your "birds from the window" series.
Hi Susan and thank you for the kind words. Those double pane windows, I keep them clean on the inside and hopefully come Spring the building will get an outside wash, the windows are pretty grungy after the long Winter.

Keep safe,