Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Little K10D
Posted By: hooppjs, 10-28-2008, 07:58 PM

Pentax fans,
My most darling girlfriend allowed me to update our p/s camera to an Optio W60. The robust Kodak 5mp has gone to her mum. She is happy as larry at having a digital camera and my girlfriend is happy with her tiny shiny new Pentax camera.
I'm even more happy as I have another Pentax to travel with the mighty K10D.

Anyway, just wanted to show 5 W60 shots from a recent fishing mission, south NSW. K10D stops at cliff ledges and salt water, where the W60 marches forward. I hope you like them, thanks.

Take care

Peter

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Optio W60  Photo       

Views: 1,661
10-28-2008, 09:48 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Congrats on the W60 Peter, nice to see some shots from it. So, what are your first impressions of the w60?
10-28-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks Gary. We love it buddy. Fits in the battery slot of the K10D, sorry, my top pocket. Small, starts quickly, takes SD, internal lens, can shoot very fast at 5mp. Alot of silly features, but shooting in P mode is good. Vid is a bonus and is acceptable when the cam is panned slowly.
Fisherman friend has Oly model 850/1050??? Nice, heavy, strong, tough cam, but I reckon the Pentax W60 takes a better shot and Mrs liked the smaller, lighter weight.
Included pic of our camp.

Regards
Peter