Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
My Orange Creamsicle On A Stick. :)
Lens: Canon EF-S 55~250mm, IS, STM Lens Camera: Canon EOS 80 D Photo Location: Neighborhood ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/250s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: Tonytee, 04-26-2020, 10:40 PM

Focal Length 200mm, Normal Exposure Mode,No Flash With Multi-Segment Metering.

Thanks for viewing. I am very fortunate to have so many neighbors with such beautiful floral gardens. Anyway, it gets me out of the house. )

TT

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon EOS 80D  Photo 

Views: 391
04-26-2020, 10:48 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice shot Tony!
04-26-2020, 11:12 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Very nice shot Tony!

Many thanks to you, young man. This may sound like a silly question, but how are things in New Zealand for coping with this COVID-19 Issue? Is the entire nation on

lockdown? Here I call it "Locked Out" since we cannot get into any businesses other gas/service stations and hospitals. So many people out of work and are having difficulties

making ends meet. Let's all hope it will come to an earlier than expected end. Cheers,

Tony
04-26-2020, 11:24 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks for asking. So far, we're weathering the storm OK. Were at 1,469 infected, 19 deaths. Our case-fatality ratio: 1.29%. Incidence rate: 30.46 per 100,000 persons.
We're on 270 active cases today, with 1,180 recovered.

Tomorrow, we'll move from our highest alert level, level 4 to level 3. In practice, what this means is that most businesses will be allowed to open tomorrow but with restrictions in that it's essentially online sales only. Up to now, online sales were restricted to essential goods only and the only places that were (physically) open, i.e. where shops you could actually go to in the flesh was supermarkets and petrol/gas stations. We're in lock-down and you're not allowed to visit friends / family etc. You are allowed to shop for older family members so I have been shopping for my mom who lives near us, she's 86 so in the high risk group.

Construction industry also allowed to re-open tomorrow but with restrictions as to number of staff on building sites and physical interactions between different staff and subcontractors restricted.

I hope you have not been affected too badly? Some parts of the USA seem to be having a rough time.

04-26-2020, 11:31 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I should add to that New Zealand has free and good quality public health care and the government has put in place a wage subsidy scheme for people who's income has been affected by the shut-down so thus far most people seem to be getting by OK.
Thus far, both my and my wife's work is only minimally affected as we can both work from home. The only uncertainty is what will happen going forward with banks - lending to clients - which can certainly affect our income streams.
04-27-2020, 07:13 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Excellent Tony - I really like the colour in this one
04-27-2020, 09:43 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Excellent Tony - I really like the colour in this one

Many thanks to you, good sir.

TT

---------- Post added 04-27-20 at 09:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Thanks for asking. So far, we're weathering the storm OK. Were at 1,469 infected, 19 deaths. Our case-fatality ratio: 1.29%. Incidence rate: 30.46 per 100,000 persons.
We're on 270 active cases today, with 1,180 recovered.

Tomorrow, we'll move from our highest alert level, level 4 to level 3. In practice, what this means is that most businesses will be allowed to open tomorrow but with restrictions in that it's essentially online sales only. Up to now, online sales were restricted to essential goods only and the only places that were (physically) open, i.e. where shops you could actually go to in the flesh was supermarkets and petrol/gas stations. We're in lock-down and you're not allowed to visit friends / family etc. You are allowed to shop for older family members so I have been shopping for my mom who lives near us, she's 86 so in the high risk group.

Construction industry also allowed to re-open tomorrow but with restrictions as to number of staff on building sites and physical interactions between different staff and subcontractors restricted.

I hope you have not been affected too badly? Some parts of the USA seem to be having a rough time.

We are here in the States are having a very difficult time with this thing. Nationwide, there are now approximately 57,000 deaths which is 1,140 per State. That is a lot of
folks. Now that I think about it, it is not inclusive of Territorial Possessions such as: Puerto Rico, Guam, Samoa and American Samoa, meaning the tally must be higher.

Unfortunately we are the only Industrialized Nation in the world without free health care. We are supposed to be receiving relief monies from the government, however I am certain you have heard the phrase: "The Dead Hand Of Bureaucracy." It is anybody's guess as to when the funds will appear in the accounts.

Stay safe, stay well. Tony

04-27-2020, 10:01 PM   #8
Banned

Nice shots, Tonytee! The color looks quite good on my eyes. Beautiful as well as informative post! Thank you for sharing it!
04-27-2020, 10:03 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Many thanks to you, good sir.

TT

---------- Post added 04-27-20 at 09:53 PM ----------

We are here in the States are having a very difficult time with this thing. Nationwide, there are now approximately 57,000 deaths which is 1,140 per State. That is a lot of
folks. Now that I think about it, it is not inclusive of Territorial Possessions such as: Puerto Rico, Guam, Samoa and American Samoa, meaning the tally must be higher.

Unfortunately we are the only Industrialized Nation in the world without free health care. We are supposed to be receiving relief monies from the government, however I am certain you have heard the phrase: "The Dead Hand Of Bureaucracy." It is anybody's guess as to when the funds will appear in the accounts.

Stay safe, stay well. Tony
Yes, it's a peculiar thing that the USA, according to data from OECD, the spends $10,586 on healthcare per person. That's more than any other country in OECD's 36-country consortium, and nearly $3,000 more than Switzerland, the second-highest spending country. Yet, US health care rates 27th in developed nations so all that money does not seem to equate to great care.

Stay safe!
04-27-2020, 11:32 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by katste Quote
Nice shots, Tonytee! The color looks quite good on my eyes. Beautiful as well as informative post! Thank you for sharing it!

Your comment is greatly appreciated.

TT