Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  
A City With Everything
Posted By: Kerrowdown, 04-29-2020, 01:15 AM

Well all in one shot... kirkyard, watch tower, castle, churches, hotels, trees, stations, bridges and monuments.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Views: 817
11-24-2020, 05:12 AM   #16
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I like the soft look of the photograph and labelling it soft is not a criticism, but a plaudit.

A grandfather of mine was born in Dalbeattie, but lived and worked in Edinburgh from about 1900-1910, before immigrating to Canada.

He had a little fishmongers shop by the Leith docks. In WW1, while living in Canada, he joined the Canadian Army, but went back to Edinburgh with his Scottish wife and family and they lived on Mentone street , while he soldiered away in France.

When I look at this photo I wonder how many times he and other family members gazed out at Edinburgh...somewhere near the photograph.

I've been to Edinburgh three times in my life and have always regarded it as one of my favourite places....and not just because of the family connection.

Thanks for posting, it did trigger some thoughts and that is what a photograph should do, IMO.
Glad it gave some happy memories.

11-24-2020, 05:14 AM   #17
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AgentL Quote
Anytime I see really unique toning like this, I wonder "wouldn't it be better in B&W?" It's certainly interesting but I feel a little like I have to look "through" the processing to see the photo. This is 100% my personal opinion though, so feel free to ignore it!
It certainly be a dull world if we all thought the same...
11-24-2020, 09:49 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
It certainly be a dull world if we all thought the same...
Right you are, right you are!
11-24-2020, 12:53 PM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
:d
QuoteOriginally posted by agentl Quote
right you are, right you are!
:d:d:d