Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Renault Clio Cup at Circuito del Jarama 2018
Lens: Sigma 100-300mm Camera: Pentax K3 Silver Photo Location: Circuito del Jarama 
Posted By: red5isalive, 05-02-2020, 02:36 PM

Hi guys,

In those days confined home today I was checking old images and I have found out some of a trip we did to Madrid to cover a F1 revival festival named "Espiritu del Jarama".
El Jarama is a racetrack that was used in Spain to hold Formula 1 races in the 70's and 80's,

In this case there was also some modern races, in this case this was the Renault Clio Cup Spain which is a quite known formula in Europe but probably you haven't heard of it out of Europe.
The Renault Clio is a hot hatch that has been used in a series of racing with equal cars since the begining of the 1990's. The idea is to race in equal cars to make racing more exciting and equal.

Hope you like them,

** a part from that I have used some to add them in my displate shop

Best wishes!
Views: 495
05-03-2020, 07:38 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Terrific shots, as always, Daniel. Use of equivalent cars seems analogous to one-design sailboat racing; decades ago, we in the states had the IROC series which initially used Porsche 911s but later switched to Chevy Camaros.

Jer
05-03-2020, 07:53 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Terrific shots, as always, Daniel. Use of equivalent cars seems analogous to one-design sailboat racing; decades ago, we in the states had the IROC series which initially used Porsche 911s but later switched to Chevy Camaros.

Jer
Thanks Jer!

Yes exactly. That's it! They try to have equal racing and this is a "low cost budget" series (no racing is cheap) in Europe where drivers can show up.
There was a Renault Megane series also (a bigger model, more powerful) but I think they stopped that one, and that Clio Cup racing is raced almost in every country in Europe (specially in France of course, where Renault is from), its a quite popular series of racing since the 1990's when Renault took off the Renault 5 from it's catalogue and added the Clio.

Yet before the Clio Renault made also a Renault 5 Cup Series.
Let me ad some videos.
I randomly have found the actual footage of the Renault Clio in El Jarama 2018, not sure if it's from the same day I took this image or from day 2 (I was also there but pictures shown here are from day 1)

Also one more

And about the Renault Five series