Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Lighthouse & Abbey Ruins at Sunrise, Brittany
Lens: Hasselblad XCD 21mm Camera: Hasselblad X1D ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 05-03-2020, 10:26 AM

As landscape photographers, we love lighthouses and we love ruins. Being able to photograph both together is just special! Lighthouse & Abbey Ruins at Sunrise, a 181 seconds exposure taken in Brittany (France) with my Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Views: 405
05-03-2020, 12:34 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Once again a brilliant shot Vieri!
Hope you are safe ... and I hope that you can start doing your workshops again soon!
05-03-2020, 01:04 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Absolutely magical, Vieri!

Jer
05-07-2020, 11:51 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Once again a brilliant shot Vieri!
Hope you are safe ... and I hope that you can start doing your workshops again soon!
Hello Norbert,

thank you for your comment, I am glad you enjoyed the shot! Yes, sea re doing great, thank you very much, and I hope you and your loved ones are as well I can't wait to be on the road again, hopefully by the end of September (my next trip) things will be better and we'll be allowed to go around a bit more

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Absolutely magical, Vieri!

Jer
Thank you very much indeed Jer, glad you enjoyed it!

Best regards,

Vieri

05-08-2020, 02:36 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

When I photograph landscapes, I'm pretty much the only "ruin" around ... lol! I'm getting older and transporting heavy photo equipment is becoming harder and harder every year. Your pictures are stunning as always, Sir. Keep showing us the beauties of Europe.

Regards
05-08-2020, 05:46 AM   #6
Forum Member

Beautiful click sir,, love the effect in the sky and water due to slow shutter.. clear and crisp still subjects... Please post more so we could learn.
05-08-2020, 03:40 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Another wonderful image, thanks for posting it.
05-09-2020, 11:43 AM   #8
Forum Member

Perfect. I know your work from LuLa and most of your uploads are this quality.

05-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #9
Pentaxian

So well crafted Vieri...expect no less from you...hope we can all get out and about soon...keep safe till then.
05-11-2020, 02:16 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
When I photograph landscapes, I'm pretty much the only "ruin" around ... lol! I'm getting older and transporting heavy photo equipment is becoming harder and harder every year. Your pictures are stunning as always, Sir. Keep showing us the beauties of Europe.

Regards
Hahaha I am not getting any younger either! Thank you very much for your kind comment, much appreciated, I am glad you are enjoying my work!

QuoteOriginally posted by Reddevil_sen Quote
Beautiful click sir,, love the effect in the sky and water due to slow shutter.. clear and crisp still subjects... Please post more so we could learn.
Thank you very much, that is very kind of you to say!

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Another wonderful image, thanks for posting it.
Thank yo uvera much Heinrich, I am glad you liked it!

QuoteOriginally posted by hjortron Quote
Perfect. I know your work from LuLa and most of your uploads are this quality.
Thank you very much!

QuoteOriginally posted by photomax7 Quote
So well crafted Vieri...expect no less from you...hope we can all get out and about soon...keep safe till then.
Thank you very much indeed, much appreciated! Yes, I am looking forward to the moment when we'll all be free to move again! Until then, take care & stay safe!

Best regards,

Vieri
05-11-2020, 07:56 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Besides the light and composition, I also like how the lines are straight. Ruins are always good and straight ruins even better ;D

Did you try to delete the house on the right side of the image? It kind of intrudes the scenery a bit.
05-13-2020, 11:42 PM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
Besides the light and composition, I also like how the lines are straight. Ruins are always good and straight ruins even better ;D

Did you try to delete the house on the right side of the image? It kind of intrudes the scenery a bit.
Thank you for your comment, glad you enjoyed it! About the house on the right, I thought about it but decided to let it there - I tried taking it out but knowing the scene it looked strange to me to see it without the house Best regards,

Vieri