Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Raku vase
Posted By: bobbotron, 05-08-2020, 08:02 AM


Views: 193
05-08-2020, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,685
Very nice lighting and it casts a cool shadow on the blue background. Well done.
05-08-2020, 02:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
bobbotron's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,786
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Very nice lighting and it casts a cool shadow on the blue background. Well done.
Thank you Todd! This was for the weekly challenge for my photo club, "still life". It was fun to play around with strobes, trying to get some good shadows. The key light is a grid, with a shoot through umbrella for a fill (turned down low). I didn't measure it, but the ratio is probably around 4 to 1.
05-08-2020, 03:17 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,685
QuoteOriginally posted by bobbotron Quote
Thank you Todd! This was for the weekly challenge for my photo club, "still life". It was fun to play around with strobes, trying to get some good shadows. The key light is a grid, with a shoot through umbrella for a fill (turned down low). I didn't measure it, but the ratio is probably around 4 to 1.
That is an area of photography that I have no expertise in at all, but it sounds like a fun process.

05-08-2020, 04:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
bobbotron's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,786
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
That is an area of photography that I have no expertise in at all, but it sounds like a fun process.

No time with the present! If you do try your hand at it, I'd say go totally manual. Best way to learn and way more tweakable for stuff like this.
05-08-2020, 04:44 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,578
Marvelous work. Very sharp,colorful and interesting. Quite a treat.

TT
05-09-2020, 06:03 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
bobbotron's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Ottawa, ON
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,786
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Marvelous work. Very sharp,colorful and interesting. Quite a treat.

TT
Thank you! I'll have to do more of this. I've been enjoying these club challenges, I find they're often not something I'd normally do, it really is a challenge.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A rose in the vase Josť M™ Coca Monthly Photo Contests 10 05-16-2020 03:58 AM
Misc Flowers in a Small Vase Dewman Post Your Photos! 5 02-03-2015 07:28 AM
Misc Raku fired mica clay bowl with etched lid chicagojohn Post Your Photos! 6 11-05-2014 04:34 AM
Misc Flowers in a Vase graphicgr8s Post Your Photos! 5 10-16-2009 02:14 PM
Vase and flowers JMR Post Your Photos! 8 02-23-2009 04:31 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:37 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top