Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
Squirrel feeder works well
Posted By: Bengan, 05-14-2020, 11:05 AM

The squirrel started to clean house with the bird feeders so I gave him one of his own. Now he's close to moving in

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D810  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D810  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
NIKON D810  Photo 

Views: 615
05-14-2020, 11:28 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That was my strategy a few years back. The end result was a lot more squirrels.
05-14-2020, 11:29 AM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
The end result was a lot more squirrels
But you can't make pie without several...
05-14-2020, 07:08 PM   #4
Pentaxian

A conversation I had with an elder. I found out the Cherokee, a band for which I could be a member, as my Great grand mother was a full blood, hunted squirrels with blow guns. (How many of you knew bamboo grew in Cherokee NC? But they don't have Pandas) but, I digress.

He said 12 squirrels = 1 chicken. Our Canadian squirrels are smaller than theirs. In the bank in Cherokee there was a man with a horrible rash on his leg, and I asked him about it. "I wandered into some poison oak while hunting squirrels in my shorts." I din't ask for any further explanation but the question comes to mind, why would anyone be hunting squirrels in their shorts?

I was staying in a KOA campground and mentioned to the elder I hadn't seen any small birds or squirrels. He said "If you see any let me know."

I think I know as much about squirrels as any human needs to know.

05-14-2020, 08:26 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
A conversation I had with an elder. I found out the Cherokee, a band for which I could be a member, as my Great grand mother was a full blood, hunted squirrels with blow guns. (How many of you knew bamboo grew in Cherokee NC? But they don't have Pandas) but, I digress.

He said 12 squirrels = 1 chicken. Our Canadian squirrels are smaller than theirs. In the bank in Cherokee there was a man with a horrible rash on his leg, and I asked him about it. "I wandered into some poison oak while hunting squirrels in my shorts." I din't ask for any further explanation but the question comes to mind, why would anyone be hunting squirrels in their shorts?

I was staying in a KOA campground and mentioned to the elder I hadn't seen any small birds or squirrels. He said "If you see any let me know."

I think I know as much about squirrels as any human needs to know.

My guess as to why the gentleman was hunting squirrels in his shorts, perhaps he was just trying to protect his nuts. ))

TT