Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Snow day in the Park
Lens: DA 18-135 Camera: K20D Optio W80 Optio w90 Photo Location: Algonquin Park 
Posted By: normhead, 05-22-2020, 11:52 AM

2012 we had an extremely early spring. So we went tripping. The last day of the trip we got snowed on.

The night before.. it was wet.

The next morning it was frozen.

Views: 200
05-22-2020, 01:41 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Kudos for taking the adventure, good shots!
05-22-2020, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Kudos for taking the adventure, good shots!
It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for the images, unfortunately our friend Enid was having trouble keeping warm, despite wearing twicee as much as the rest of us and was paddling like a bansheee. We did manage to get in a few images.

We still occasionally think about the images we could have had.

The worst was, we'd been dreaming the last few days about sitting in the Portage Store resataurant and having a burger, fries and a beer. We were out so early, the store wasn't open. We'd planned it so we came out no the opener when the store was open, but we booted it when it got cold and came out a day before the opener, and nothing was open.

Last edited by normhead; 05-22-2020 at 05:59 PM.
05-22-2020, 03:03 PM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Snow day in the Park
I for one enjoy coming on your adventures with you... not so sure you'd be saying the same about me.

05-22-2020, 05:11 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very nice images. I have to admit that we really enjoy camping so when the itch gets the both of us, the attitude is: Full speed ahead and darn the torpedoes. You take your chances no matter
where you go and certainly appears as though you had a very enjoyable experience. Thanks so much for sharing such awesome photography.

TT
05-22-2020, 06:01 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I for one enjoy coming on your adventures with you... not so sure you'd be saying the same about me.
Ya, I'm kinda an adrenaline junky.

We could do Niagara Falls together, although at the Falls I work by being inconspicuous, I'm not sure that would work for the two of us.

I can't imagine any meeting being anything less than a riot.

---------- Post added 05-22-20 at 09:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Very nice images. I have to admit that we really enjoy camping so when the itch gets the both of us, the attitude is: Full speed ahead and darn the torpedoes. You take your chances no matter
This trip was just one tough go. Before this, we'd been stranded on the farthest lake from our access point for a couple days. Falling a day behind schedule. We had to turn back. On the way out we were in danger of swamping with too much weight in our boat with gear for a 13 day trip and three dogs in a 15 footer. (Our current boat is almost 18 feet.) It had snowed in the morning on two of our final travel days before this one. Spring is always tough, but after the first three days, this trip was really tough, but in the end a lot of fun. We've done an ice out trip every years since we moved up here, believe it or not this year, because of Covid 19 they wouldn't let us into the park. This is the first time in 41 years we didn't do a spring trip. Damn virus.

Last edited by normhead; 05-22-2020 at 06:13 PM.
05-23-2020, 02:39 PM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm not sure that would work for the two of us
I could at least wear my Hi Vis jacket... everyone would think I was meant to be there.

I can't imagine any meeting being anything less than a riot
I'm sure that would be the case also.