Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
A walk in the country...
Posted By: heliphoto, 11-01-2008, 10:23 AM

My son and I went for a walk on a country road yesterday (well, he can't walk yet, so it was the backpack for him).

Saw some nice scenery and got to play more with my new Tamron 70-200/2.8.

1. A dirty faced horse...

exif

2. Old barn. It's interesting to have a lens on that only goes to 70mm on the wide end. I think if I'd had a wider lens on, I'd have opened up and shot the whole barn, and probably not liked the photo as much.

exif

exif

exif

5. High Contrast.

exif

exif

exif

Views: 1,338
11-01-2008, 11:29 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice shooting josh...looks like you are going to enjoy that lens! The bokeh is creamy!
11-01-2008, 12:16 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Very nice Josh. I am having a hard time taking the Sigma 70-200 off my camera. Very versatile lens though I am starting to like the Pentax 12-14 too. JIMBO
11-01-2008, 08:20 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sajmmiller Quote
Nice shooting josh...looks like you are going to enjoy that lens! The bokeh is creamy!
Thanks. I like the lens a lot. Yeah... creamy . I've been trying to think of a comeback, but my limited cow punning was already used up on this thread.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Very nice Josh. I am having a hard time taking the Sigma 70-200 off my camera. Very versatile lens though I am starting to like the Pentax 12-14 too. JIMBO
Thanks Jimbo, I've been having a hard time taking it off too, except in my house which is too small for 70mm if I want other than head and shoulders shots (of my baby). The 12-24 is indeed be desirable, but I need to chill on the whole lba thing for a while.

11-01-2008, 08:31 PM   #5
Damn Brit

Nice shots Josh. I'd like to ask, when you have your son in the backpack, does the extra weight cause a problem for taking shots? I would have imagined it would throw your balance somewhat when composing, focusing and shooting.
11-01-2008, 08:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice shots Josh. I'd like to ask, when you have your son in the backpack, does the extra weight cause a problem for taking shots? I would have imagined it would throw your balance somewhat when composing, focusing and shooting.
Yeah, it does, especially 'cause he doesn't like to stay in one place for more than five seconds, so when I stop to compose he starts jerking around, kicking me, grabbing my head, etc... Pretty funny. He only weights about 18 lbs. with the pack, so he's not too heavy, and in the old days, I used to wear about 20 lbs on me everyday in the winter (medical and rescue gear when I ski patrolled), and about 35 lbs. everyday while digging and chainsawing as a wildland firefighter in the summer, so I'm used to balancing with weight on my back - I can still balance with it, I just get sore from it these days. We have a jogging stroller which I'd prefer to use, but while walking along a road, I thought it safer to have him on me so I could get over on the rough dirt shoulder quickly and easily when cars came by.