Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Wide view of the river.
Lens: 645 A 45 mm f/2.8 Camera: Pentax 645Z Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/350s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 05-25-2020, 04:39 AM

A wide view of the Batiscan River. Tripod-mounted Pentax 645Z + A 45 mm f/2.8 @ f/11. This lens has a poor reputation yet my copy, bought for peanuts on eBay, always renders beautiful, sharp and contrasty images with great details even in the far corners. For landscape photography, this focal length is almost optimal. OTOH, it's Springtime and we can see the tender green of new leaves on top of the mountain, this phenomenon only lasts a few days.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX 645Z  Photo 

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 05-25-2020 at 04:52 AM.
Views: 511
05-25-2020, 04:55 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting....but wild looking. An untamed river.
05-25-2020, 05:23 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Exactly, Norm. The Batiscan River is pretty much undisturbed, there are more moose than bovine cattle in the watershed ... lol ! I guess the Government makes them wear diapers not to contaminate the water ...
05-25-2020, 05:56 AM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Exactly, Norm. The Batiscan River is pretty much undisturbed, there are more moose than bovine cattle in the watershed ... lol ! I guess the Government makes them wear diapers not to contaminate the water ...
Ha ha, up here we constantly get people who won't drink from pristine watersheds, because there might be more pee in the water and also, fish poop in the lake. But they'll drink water that has enough chlorine in it to kill bacteria etc.

I guess most don't really understand the effect of dispersion on concentration, and the need for concentration to create infection and the level of dispersion these watersheds create.

05-25-2020, 03:13 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Neat shot of the river - shows the power within the water

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Ha ha, up here we constantly get people who won't drink from pristine watersheds, because there might be more pee in the water and also, fish poop in the lake. But they'll drink water that has enough chlorine in it to kill bacteria etc.
My rule is if it's a quick moving stream, with clear water, and there's no dead animals within 100m upstream, it's good...
05-27-2020, 01:37 PM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Neat shot of the river - shows the power within the water

My rule is if it's a quick moving stream, with clear water, and there's no dead animals within 100m upstream, it's good...
Our rule because we have so many lakes, is anything from the middle of a big lake in a pristine watershed is good, as long as there's no motorboat traffic.