Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Mount Hayden at sunrise, Grand Canyon Nat'l Park, North Rim, ARIZONA.
Lens: DA*60-250 mm f/4 Camera: Pentax K3 Photo Location: Gand Canyon, North Rim ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 06-05-2020, 06:49 AM

I had the chance to witness sunrise on Point Imperial from where you can comtemplate Mount Hayden and the Eastern expanse of the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. I spent the night at Lamotte campground, not far from the Northern Park Entrance, woke up at 4h30 A.M. and rushed to get to this site in time for the beginning of the day (the EXIF shows 8h30 A.M. but this was Eastern Daylight Time as I didn't change my coordinates on the camera, in reality it was locally 5h30 A.M. Standard Mountain Time. Arizona never changes time). Handheld Pentax K3 + DA* 60-250 mm f/4 @ f/8.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 06-07-2020 at 04:18 AM.
Views: 488
06-05-2020, 10:26 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nicely done. Composition works, with really good sunrise golden lighting and green trees, haziness into the distance. I like the way you framed it, almost like the bacground hills cascading rocks fall toward the viewer.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, canyon, da* 60-250 mm f/4, grand canyon., hayden, k3, park, photo, rim, sunrise