Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Then and Now ...
Posted By: daacon, 11-02-2008, 01:51 PM

Looking out from the Eiffle Tower in Las Vegas ...

October 23rd 2007

[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2123/1792607917_2d1ac54af0_o.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

October 27th 2008

Nice to have 360 days or more of construction season eh (albeit recent economic events have put some of this development in real jeopardy)
Views: 1,525
11-02-2008, 02:08 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Great captures of American Excess Dave.
11-02-2008, 03:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Thanks Gary - yep Vegas is certainly feeling the economic down turn yet construction projects are still being worked on. (while as mentioned others are just shut down for now)
11-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Dave. Great to see more city photographs. Always travel around the world looking at your images.

11-02-2008, 11:32 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice photos Dave, could almost be in Calgary. Some projects are on hold here as well.
11-03-2008, 01:14 AM   #6
Syb
Veteran Member

Wow Dave, that is quite a difference. I see you took another lens on the trip, too. Did your gear undergo a metamorphosis as well?
11-03-2008, 01:35 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Couldn't have said it better myself.

I've always found Vegas to be kitsch.

11-03-2008, 02:24 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Well captured Dave. I'll have to try this in my city.
11-03-2008, 02:37 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Nice shots...so every year you go to Vegas and stay in the same hotel and same room?
11-03-2008, 06:51 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Very cool. I bet we will continue to see it grow as you keep visiting. Hope you don't mind. Here is one I took on a trip in October 2007 from the street

11-03-2008, 06:54 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Dave. Great to see more city photographs. Always travel around the world looking at your images.
Thanks James - I have several more I will post over the next few days.

QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Nice photos Dave, could almost be in Calgary. Some projects are on hold here as well.
Thanks Heinrich - yep I can believe it, Oil @ $75 a barrel does not spread as far as Oil @ $140 for sure.

QuoteOriginally posted by Syb Quote
Wow Dave, that is quite a difference. I see you took another lens on the trip, too. Did your gear undergo a metamorphosis as well?
Thanks Syb - yes indeed ny gear has changed. Back in Ocotober 2007 I think all I had was the Tammy 18-250, 28-75 and Penntax DA 10-24. Today well I have more

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
Couldn't have said it better myself.
I've always found Vegas to be kitsch.
Yep Vegas should be in Wikpedia for excess. It's an entertaining town even for someone like me who does not gamble that much. A great place to people watch and there are some very entertaining shows.

QuoteOriginally posted by dazman Quote
Well captured Dave. I'll have to try this in my city.
Thanks Daz - it is interesting , I would like to have a collage of maybe every two months - it's neat to see the progress or lack thereof.

QuoteOriginally posted by Eastern Shore Charlie Quote
Nice shots...so every year you go to Vegas and stay in the same hotel and same room?
Thanks Charlie - yes as we arive on on our private jet then the helicopter picks us up and takes us to the penthouse (I wish!!). We do stay at the same Hotel - Ballys - it is very central on the strip and very resonably priced. My wife loves Vegas so we do try and get there in the fall evey year.

These shots are taken from the top of the Eiffle Tower in the Paris hotel (which is right next door). $9.00 for day time views and $12.00 for night time. I will post some more pics later.

Vegas is hurting - some of the higher end hotels such as Mandalay Bay , Bellagio, etc as we went through those the lack of people was noticible. Also alsmost all Casiono's had $5.00 min BlackJack tables - another sign - last year they were all $10.00 min - you had to go the older hotels or downtown to see a $5.00 table.

Last edited by daacon; 11-03-2008 at 07:00 AM.
11-03-2008, 06:57 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Very cool. I bet we will continue to see it grow as you keep visiting. Hope you don't mind. Here is one I took on a trip in October 2007 from the street
Cool shot Pat Post away ! I was impressed at the progress - then again I think there are wpoking 24 hours a day, 7 days a week as there were lots of night lights there and activity even at midnight we could see cranes working.