Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
More Koala Pics
Lens: Pentax HD DA 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE Lens Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: Brookwater QLD 
Posted By: K2 to K50, 06-21-2020, 11:31 PM

Well, my original Koala Pic evoked so much appreciation (thank you all who Liked and/or viewed) that I have decided to post three more shots from the same same day.

He was a cute little fella, and on a subsequent walk, he was missing from his original tree, but another walker shared the info that he had been inspected by a vet and declared very healthy, and returned to the park, so all sounds great for him!!

Anyway 3 more pics from the original shoot. The first shot shows how we found him, snoozing (how do they not fall out of their tree when they do this??), the second a close-up, and the last from later in the morning, when he was pulling a contortionist stunt, scratching his back with his left leg!!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 458
06-22-2020, 12:48 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Another finely captured wildlife series. Well done sir. I wonder, are their numbers on the decline? I have read that because of the Australian Brush Fires that over 1 Billion animals have perished.

Hope these are doing okay. Thanks very much for more amazing images.

Cheers mate,
TT
07-06-2020, 11:49 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Another finely captured wildlife series. Well done sir. I wonder, are their numbers on the decline? I have read that because of the Australian Brush Fires that over 1 Billion animals have perished.

Hope these are doing okay. Thanks very much for more amazing images.

Cheers mate,
TT
Hello Tony - sorry for the long delay in replying - doing a "thank you" session for a number of my recent pics and found your post here still "waiting"

I believe thousands of this very likeable Aussia icon were probably burned, and many more done out of habitat, as a result of our recent spate of spring 2019 and summer 1919-2020 fires. And large groups of them have been suffering from their own "covid" for some years in the guise of some sort of chlamydia. Work has been going on to ensure uninfected communites are carefully watched, and some even transport to healthy "quarantine" areas to try and ensure a healthy continuation of their species.

On a more recent walk through this little fellow's park, another walker advised that he had been given a once-over by a vet, given a clean bill of health, and put back in the park

Thanks for your interest and encouragement.

Thanks also to Bengan, gordon_l34, pjv for your "Likes".