Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Another shot
Lens: 75-300 Camera: Pentax K100 D Photo Location: kwazuluNatal 
Posted By: Shelly, 06-23-2020, 03:02 AM

early this morning...well by my standards I was out again with camera in hand, yes the hand does shake somewhat! so here is the result...

Last edited by Shelly; 10-02-2020 at 12:56 AM.
Views: 387
06-23-2020, 03:45 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice contrasting colours in this shot
06-23-2020, 09:32 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shelly Quote
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes the hand does shake somewhat! ...
I see no evidence of hand shake here, Shelly. But if you were worried, do you have a tripod you can use? This type of subject (one that stands still!!!!) is a good candidate for tripod shots.

Only other comment - it seems you focused slightly inwards from the very front buds, which are slightly out of focus, while the buds etc behind are nice and sharp. My personal preference in this would be to focus on the front, and use a higher F-stop - eg F10 to F12 (instead of the F5.6 you used here), or maybe even just as far as F8, and that would have allowed the front and centre part of the flower, plus the rear parts, to all be in focus.

Still a pretty shot, though.
06-23-2020, 11:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Very nice contrasting colours in this shot
Thank you eaglem, your comment is much appreciated.

---------- Post added 24-06-20 at 08:06 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
I see no evidence of hand shake here, Shelly. But if you were worried, do you have a tripod you can use? This type of subject (one that stands still!!!!) is a good candidate for tripod shots.

Only other comment - it seems you focused slightly inwards from the very front buds, which are slightly out of focus, while the buds etc behind are nice and sharp. My personal preference in this would be to focus on the front, and use a higher F-stop - eg F10 to F12 (instead of the F5.6 you used here), or maybe even just as far as F8, and that would have allowed the front and centre part of the flower, plus the rear parts, to all be in focus.

Still a pretty shot, though.
Thank you for this info K2 to K50. I was struggling a bit to keep the focus its a bit of a challenge when using manual as my lens seems a bit tight. II there anything I can do about that. However, I will definitely go and try the same shot with the F10 - F12 and F8 this morning.

Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.