Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
8 Likes  #1
Is this the most beautiful Lilly out there?
Lens: DA 35 Limited Camera: K-50 Photo Location: Gibbs Gardens, Georgia ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/320s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: ChristianRock, 06-23-2020, 12:03 PM

It might be the most beautiful I ever saw... look at the textured leaves...

This takes me back to my growing up in what is known in Brazil as the "City of Flowers" (Cidade das Flores). Since it's one of the cities with the largest amount of rainfall in the world, people dedicate themselves to growing all sorts of flowers... and go out into expeditions into the forests of South America in the hopes of finding one that's never been seen before. Growing up in that culture might explain a bit about why I love flowers so much...


Views: 319
06-23-2020, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Kdgparnell's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2020
Posts: 83
Outstanding!
06-23-2020, 12:34 PM - 1 Like   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 50,740
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Is this the most beautiful Lilly out there?
It could quite possible be... but then I'm no flower expert.

However, I do know a cracking image when I see one... just like this one.
06-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #4
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,560
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kdgparnell Quote
Outstanding!
Thank you! The flower being so beautiful really helped

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
It could quite possible be... but then I'm no flower expert.

However, I do know a cracking image when I see one... just like this one.
You are too kind, sir.

06-23-2020, 02:23 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Oct 2013
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,652
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
It might be the most beautiful I ever saw... look at the textured leaves...

This takes me back to my growing up in what is known in Brazil as the "City of Flowers" (Cidade das Flores). Since it's one of the cities with the largest amount of rainfall in the world, people dedicate themselves to growing all sorts of flowers... and go out into expeditions into the forests of South America in the hopes of finding one that's never been seen before. Growing up in that culture might explain a bit about why I love flowers so much...

Not having seen all lilies makes it impossible to call this the most beautiful . Indeed this image is very beautiful TFS
06-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
paulh's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: DFW Texas/Ventura County, CA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,003
That's a nice one, CR - extra extravagant
06-23-2020, 03:05 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
c.a.m's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,667
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
It might be the most beautiful I ever saw... look at the textured leaves...
We have several varieties in our flower gardens here at our house, but none is as exquisite as this one. I'm often amazed at nature's beauty.

Thanks for your interesting comment on your Brazilian background.

- Craig
06-23-2020, 07:53 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
K2 to K50's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ipswich QLD Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,671
That is indeed a very beautiful lily - I love the crimpled edging of the EDIT: I meant petals not leaves. The colour combo in the flower is very striking.

Your photograph captures all this beauty very well - a pleasure to view!


Last edited by K2 to K50; 06-23-2020 at 11:14 PM.
06-23-2020, 08:12 PM   #9
Pentaxian
ChristianRock's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Woodstock, GA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,560
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
Not having seen all lilies makes it impossible to call this the most beautiful . Indeed this image is very beautiful TFS
Thank you

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
That's a nice one, CR - extra extravagant
It is, isn't it?

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
We have several varieties in our flower gardens here at our house, but none is as exquisite as this one. I'm often amazed at nature's beauty.

Thanks for your interesting comment on your Brazilian background.

- Craig
Thank you for putting up with me
This was taken at a place called Gibbs Gardens here in Georgia, and their lillies are almost all in bloom. They claim that they have 500,000 lilly plants... and I forgot how many million daffodils.

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
That is indeed a very beautiful lily - I love the crimpled edging of the leaves. The colour combo in the flower is very striking.

Your photograph captures all this beauty very well - a pleasure to view!
That is exceedingly kind, thank you!
06-23-2020, 10:06 PM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,590
A superb floral image. Beautifully captured and many thanks for viewing. TT
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there any geriatric Camera bag solutions out there? I turned 50 and.... lazarustx Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 30 02-17-2020 03:50 AM
Abstract The most beautiful Post Office in the world. uday029 Post Your Photos! 19 12-06-2019 01:49 PM
The most beautiful Pentax ever made psoo Pentax Film SLR Discussion 56 06-01-2015 01:51 PM
Most beautiful Pentax (for usage as prop) tcdk Photographic Technique 9 05-07-2009 11:17 AM
Golden Lilly (lilly pads) little laker Post Your Photos! 5 05-27-2007 08:09 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:40 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top