Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Dry Docked
Posted By: Jimbo, 11-03-2008, 02:41 PM

I have drove by this a few times and finally decided to take a picture. JIMBO

Last edited by Jimbo; 11-10-2008 at 11:19 PM.
Views: 2,516
11-04-2008, 12:20 PM   #16
Veteran Member

I wonder if "dry" should not be upgraded to "dry rot". Nice capture. If you are ever down in Tsawassen, this boat's twin sister is sitting on the Tsawassen First Nation Reserve looked out to the Ocean. You can drive past it as the road is open to the public. It is the last possible right (at the intersection) before you get to the Ferry. There is also a huge capstan that would make a great photo.

I am certain that Gilligan had a hand to play in this boats fate. My question is why didn't the rest of the castaways kill Gilligan. He was the biggest detriment to them and ruined so many of their possible rescues. I would have clubbed the half wit the second day on the island. The skipper would have been next (as I would have held him responsible for introducing Gilligan into my world - plus the captain is suppose to go down with his ship).

Just kidding....................

11-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
wonder if "dry" should not be upgraded to "dry rot". Nice capture. If you are ever down in Tsawassen, this boat's twin sister is sitting on the Tsawassen First Nation Reserve looked out to the Ocean. You can drive past it as the road is open to the public. It is the last possible right (at the intersection) before you get to the Ferry. There is also a huge capstan that would make a great photo.

I am certain that Gilligan had a hand to play in this boats fate. My question is why didn't the rest of the castaways kill Gilligan. He was the biggest detriment to them and ruined so many of their possible rescues. I would have clubbed the half wit the second day on the island. The skipper would have been next (as I would have held him responsible for introducing Gilligan into my world - plus the captain is suppose to go down with his ship).

Just kidding....................
I will have to check that out Spyglass. Maybe we should both take a shot and compared results? JIMBO
11-04-2008, 05:44 PM   #18
JMR
Veteran Member

The red, blue a white has certain etheral quality to it. Reminds me of the East Coast of Canada, which I would dearly love to visit again.

JMR
11-04-2008, 05:52 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
The red, blue a white has certain etheral quality to it. Reminds me of the East Coast of Canada, which I would dearly love to visit again.
Thanks for commenting JMR> JIMBO

11-04-2008, 06:17 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Down home (Arkansas) that would be a typical red-neck's yard! jim
11-04-2008, 08:51 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Down home (Arkansas) that would be a typical red-neck's yard! jim
11-04-2008, 09:24 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
I will have to check that out Spyglass. Maybe we should both take a shot and compared results? JIMBO
Sounds like a capital idea Jimbo. I have to make that drive about once a month. I will take my camera with me next time I head that way. The area between the Ocean and the road is kind of cool. It is like an ocean grass land. It is affected by the tides only at certain times of the year. There are some interesting pieces of drift wood collected there. You also have the coal & ferry terminals. The Sunsets from that beach can be really something.
There is a little harbor tucked away in Laddner that I want to shoot when I get a chance. (also has a few good pubs on the water).

11-04-2008, 10:59 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Sounds like a capital idea Jimbo. I have to make that drive about once a month. I will take my camera with me next time I head that way. The area between the Ocean and the road is kind of cool. It is like an ocean grass land. It is affected by the tides only at certain times of the year. There are some interesting pieces of drift wood collected there. You also have the coal & ferry terminals. The Sunsets from that beach can be really something.
There is a little harbor tucked away in Laddner that I want to shoot when I get a chance. (also has a few good pubs on the water).
Ok spyglass why don't we meet for a shoot out. Sat's work for me the best and I will buy the first beer at the pub.. Always enjoy your shots so doing something together would be very interesting. send my a private message if you are interested and I will give you my cell number... cheers and talk to you soon. JIMBO