Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Jessamyn in Blue - Studio work with model
Posted By: Warped, 11-03-2008, 04:24 PM

G'day All,

This is the first an a series of shots I did with the amazing Jessamyn. Jessamyn is the first model that I paid for a shoot with, until now I've only done TFP or had models paying me for a shoot (though only ever small amounts just so that I"m not out of pocket after a shoot).

I initially baulked at the idea of paying a model to pose for me, but so glad I did. Working with Jessy was a fantastic experience and I actually managed to learn a fair bit from the evening.

Can't rave enough about working with Jessy, so I'll stop now and just say that if she's in your area (she does travel a lot, including internationally) and you want/need a boost to your portfolio for fashion/glam/artistic style shots - give her a yell, you won't regret it.

So enough ranting and raving - on too the pics and credits/link to those invloved at the bottom, as well as the boring gear details.

Cheers,

Wayne.

PS - Jessamyn Black and Jessamyn Red on the way later in the week. Black involved a shiny catsuit and red features a skin tight shiny red latex dress.

Credits:
Model Jessamyne ModelMayhem.com - Jessamyne - Model - Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Western Australia
Make-up and Hair ModelMayhem.com - BeautyContour aka Lily - Makeup Artist - Perth , Western Australia
Beauty Contour - For Health and Beauty
Shot at Image Style Studios (ISS) Canningvale, Western Australia Image Style Studio

Equipment:
K100D - Manually set to around 5.6 to 8.0 and 1/125th with Custom White Balance
Sigma 28-80 Aspherical (old type that came with my MZ50 35mm)
Can post lighting set-up details if anyone is interested.
Views: 2,349
11-03-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Damn Brit

Really nice work Wayne. She has incredible skin, I can see why she's a joy to work with.
I'm surprised you didn't use a dark background to show off her skin better.
11-03-2008, 04:44 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Really nice work Wayne. She has incredible skin, I can see why she's a joy to work with.
I'm surprised you didn't use a dark background to show off her skin better.
I have a thing for bright, clean, white backgrounds .... that and the other outfits looked best aginst white and I didn't have the extra time to arrange a dark background

Forgot to add - naer on Zero post processing, all that was done was:
- a crop to A3 and 300dpi for easy printing (though these of course are the lo-rez versions),
- re-set/tweaked white levels where/when needed, and
- a quick run through noise ninja on one or two shots and that was it.
11-03-2008, 05:06 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Nice studio shots. I just did one recently too, with a black background. It looks like you were going for uniform lighting here. What was your lighting setup?

11-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
Nice studio shots. I just did one recently too, with a black background. It looks like you were going for uniform lighting here. What was your lighting setup?
The studio is a large area with white walls and is a cylorama set up, so a nice curve from floor to wall and wall to wall.

Model was approx 7 or 8 metres in front of the rear wall and I had strobes with long strip softboxes either side just out of picture lighting the wall. Overexposed the wall by about a third to half a stop.

Lights on the model were:
- a strobe on a boom with beauty dish attached to light her face and upper body, positioned just out of picture above and the the left
- a strobe with large Octoganal softbox lighting her lower body just out of pic low and to the right.