Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Red on the Track
Lens: DA*300/4 Camera: K-2 Photo Location: Houston MSR ISO: 560 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Sailor, 07-04-2020, 11:50 AM

Here's a shot taken last September (during a track day at Houston's Motor Sports Resort) of a Porsche 911 GT3 and what I think is the sports coupe jointly marketed by Subaru and Toyota. Included among the billboards trackside is one for Imperial Collision, whose services I had to use in early 2016 when I backed my Yas Marina Blue BMW M4 coupe (now departed) into a load of shingles in our driveway.

Jer

Views: 240
07-04-2020, 01:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Nice action shot, right where the action mostly is...a tight corner. My only question...did the Porsche just pass the "Toyobaru' or was the Porsche just about ready to be passed ?

I think I know the answer.

Quite a few years ago, a neighbour had a hybrid truck that he had custom built.

It was an older Toyota Tacoma , with a Chevrolet V8 installed. I remember going over and looking at it (it was a well done hot rod truck) and asked him what did he call this combination.... Toyota-Chevrolet.

He answered with a grin......a Toylet.
07-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice Jer. A shot filled with action. :-)
07-05-2020, 06:12 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Nice action shot, right where the action mostly is...a tight corner. My only question...did the Porsche just pass the "Toyobaru' or was the Porsche just about ready to be passed ?

I think I know the answer.

Quite a few years ago, a neighbour had a hybrid truck that he had custom built.

It was an older Toyota Tacoma , with a Chevrolet V8 installed. I remember going over and looking at it (it was a well done hot rod truck) and asked him what did he call this combination.... Toyota-Chevrolet.

He answered with a grin......a Toylet.

I don't remember the dynamics of the two cars as they came around the corner, but this was a performance driving education event not a race. Consequently, the rate determining factor (as we scientists say) was not the relative speed of the cars but the relative chops of the drivers.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Nice Jer. A shot filled with action. :-)
Thank you, Janse.

Jer

07-05-2020, 06:51 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice action shot Jer. From the skid marks, it looks like they get a few spin-outs around that corner.
07-05-2020, 02:32 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A very well taken action shot of two very interesting and fun looking sports cars. Many thnx for the two treats.

TT
07-05-2020, 02:39 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Nice action shot Jer. From the skid marks, it looks like they get a few spin-outs around that corner.
Thank you, Todd. Yeah, I've seen a few guys finding themselves going backwards on this track over the years. Not that I could do any better; I've never taken my cars on the track because it negates one's insurance - something I'm not willing to do, especially with my Porsche.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
A very well taken action shot of two very interesting and fun looking sports cars. Many thnx for the two treats.

TT
Thanks for the kind words, buddy, as always.

Jer