Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
9 Likes  #1
St. Michael's Mount at sunrise
Lens: Hasselblad XCD 45mm Camera: Hasselblad X1D ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 07-10-2020, 10:47 AM

Saint Michael's Mount, in Cornwall (UK), is a beautiful and extremely photogenic island, and one that contrarily to its more famous French homonym gets completely isolated at high tide. While normally photographed with its iconic causeway from close, I also love to portray it from the distance, like here. 91 seconds of exposure at sunrise with my Hasselblad X1D, Hasselblad XCD 45mm and Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Views: 897
07-10-2020, 11:01 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Nice image, but... how it is related to Pentax?
07-10-2020, 11:09 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
Nice image, but... how it is related to Pentax?
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it It's not related to Pentax in any way other than my being a former Pentax user. However, there are no rules against posting photos here taking with non-Pentax cameras that I know of, I kept posting since leaving Pentax years ago, I post here often, sometimes I post old Pentax photos too, and I am a forum supporter as well - out of my love for the brand, despite my not using it anymore. So, I don't really see the point of your comment, but feel free to let me know if I am missing anything. Best regards,

Vieri
07-10-2020, 11:10 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Doesn’t really have to be a Pentax image here.

07-10-2020, 07:04 PM   #5
maw
Pentaxian

Ciao The Madshutter

Semplicemente eterea.
07-11-2020, 05:58 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great composition, Vieri. The distance gives St. Michaels an air of mystery!

Jer
07-12-2020, 02:19 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
St. Michael's Mount
Fine image... but IMHO Mont Saint-Michel has a far nicer profile, which maybe due to the higher spire.

07-15-2020, 12:00 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Thank you, glad you enjoyed it It's not related to Pentax in any way other than my being a former Pentax user. However, there are no rules against posting photos here taking with non-Pentax cameras that I know of, I kept posting since leaving Pentax years ago, I post here often, sometimes I post old Pentax photos too, and I am a forum supporter as well - out of my love for the brand, despite my not using it anymore. So, I don't really see the point of your comment, but feel free to let me know if I am missing anything. Best regards,

Vieri
That is ok then. I did not read all rules of this forum.
07-15-2020, 12:28 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Love the tones! I had a great time visiting a university friend in Cornwall around 7 years ago, where we visited St. Michael's Mount and ate more than our fair share of Philps' Bakery Cornish Pasties.
07-15-2020, 11:01 AM   #10

Lovely picture. I live in the UK and I had no idea there was a St Michael's mount in Cornwall!
07-16-2020, 11:55 PM - 1 Like   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Doesn’t really have to be a Pentax image here.
Indeed

QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Ciao The Madshutter

Semplicemente eterea.
Grazie mille!

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Great composition, Vieri. The distance gives St. Michaels an air of mystery!

Jer
Thank you very much Jer, glad you enjoyed the mood here!

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Fine image... but IMHO Mont Saint-Michel has a far nicer profile, which maybe due to the higher spire.
Thank you, glad you enjoyed it! Well, while I might agree, being it difficult to photograph Le Mont St. Michel from Cornwall I had to settle for this...

QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
That is ok then. I did not read all rules of this forum.
Why thank you, that's generous of you to say it's ok. Perhaps reading the rules when being in a community, and especially before attacking people who have been living in the community for a long time, would save you some embarrassment next time

QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
Love the tones! I had a great time visiting a university friend in Cornwall around 7 years ago, where we visited St. Michael's Mount and ate more than our fair share of Philps' Bakery Cornish Pasties.
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed the colours here! I love photography, but even if I didn't, I would go to Cornwall just for the pasties - so good!!

QuoteOriginally posted by chessov Quote
Lovely picture. I live in the UK and I had no idea there was a St Michael's mount in Cornwall!
Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it! I hear you, I have been living in the centre of Italy for over 5 years now and I haven't explored by own backyard yet...

Best regards,

Vieri
07-17-2020, 02:32 AM   #12
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Well, while I might agree, being it difficult to photograph Le Mont St. Michel from Cornwall
You'll just need to get a large handful of extenders for the HC300...
07-17-2020, 04:27 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
You'll just need to get a large handful of extenders for the HC300...
Or borrow the Hubble telescope for a few minutes!

Best regards,

Vieri
07-17-2020, 04:35 AM   #14
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Or borrow the Hubble telescope for a few minutes!

Best regards,

Vieri
Indeed...
07-17-2020, 05:09 AM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I visited Mont Saint-Michel in France but I didn't know Britain had its own Mount St Michael's. Mont Saint-Michel gets isolated at high tide, if I'm right. The situation changed over the years and the tides are higher now. When I visited, the buses had acces during a limited time frame due to the tide. Nice image BTW.

Regards