Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Teenage Whistler Ducks
Lens: DA*300/4 Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Elm Tree 
Posted By: Sailor, 07-12-2020, 06:14 AM

Yesterday morning, I noticed some birds in our elm tree making a horrendous racket. While sizable, these birds were smaller than the Whistler ducks we hosted in the tree a few weeks ago. After eyeballing 'em for a few minutes in the morning sun, I realized that the new guys were just that - young Whistlers I'd not seen before. Here are a few shots of them; exposure was a challenge owing to dappled sunlight that moved constantly, Whistlers that moved constantly and clouds that intercepted sunlight frequently. The usual exposure compensation strategies were of no use, since lighting changed faster than I could make adjustments. Ultimately, I just set the meter to segmented with no compensation and did the best I could in PP.

Jer

Views: 254
07-12-2020, 06:32 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Fantastic captures Jer! It is amazing that they can balance themselves up there without tripping over their own feet
07-13-2020, 05:49 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Fantastic captures Jer! It is amazing that they can balance themselves up there without tripping over their own feet
Hey, Todd - thanks much. They sure don't look like the sort of bird that would want to traipse around a tall tree.

Jer