Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rank Strangers
Posted By: Mike Cash, 11-03-2008, 11:13 PM

At the culture festival the other day I shots lots of photos of people not associated with the group I was there to shoot. I was in the performance hall most of the time and I didn't see anybody else shooting with anything but P&S, camera phones, and one person using one of those one-time-use film cameras like you get at the convenience store. I'll probably make some attempt to find the people in the shots so I can give them a copy.

All Pentax K20D
#1~#4 Tamron 28-75/2.8
#5 SMC-M 50/1.4

Views: 1,720
11-04-2008, 12:45 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You have done a super job here

cheers
11-04-2008, 12:52 AM   #3
Igilligan

A beautiful series

You have got to be happy with these. I really like each one.

The lighting is very good and you have used it well. I see no exif, do you want to give us some hints as to your settings? The shot are so sharp... I am impressed
11-04-2008, 12:55 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Great series Mike

number 2 is my preferred... just

Neil

11-04-2008, 04:33 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks, everyone! The great thing about a stage setting and off-camera flash is that once you get it dialed in, you're good to go for the rest of the day. I don't think I could have done these with a camera-mounted flash. I feel like a bit of a fraud, to tell the truth. Basically you just throw some light from the left, throw some light from the right, and come off looking like you actually have some idea what you're doing.

The photos were shot in X-mode (shutter 1/180) at ISO400 with the aperture being f4. I have some photos I shot at f3.5 and there seems to be a noticable difference in sharpness. These particular pictures were shot in JPG. I do have several that were shot in RAW and the results were better, especially when it came post-processing time.