Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
62 T-Bird Coupe
Lens: HD PENTAX-DA* 11-18mm F2.8 ED DC AW @14mm Camera: K-3 Photo Location: Brandon, MS ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/640s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: Larrymc, 07-13-2020, 04:57 PM

Quite a bit of over the top late 50's over styling!

62 T-Bird coupe
by Larry Mc, on Flickr
Views: 393
07-13-2020, 06:31 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your low perspective really emphasizes the curves of this model of T-Bird, excellent image/
07-13-2020, 07:01 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Your low perspective really emphasizes the curves of this model of T-Bird, excellent image/
Many thanks, I appreciate the comment! You should see the low angle of the rear, but since I have already posted a low angle rear shot of a 63 Galaxie 500 I thought I would post this one. Thanks for the visit!!
07-13-2020, 07:33 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Best t-bird body ever, and one of only a handful f cars that really captured the space theme

07-13-2020, 07:52 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Best t-bird body ever, and one of only a handful f cars that really captured the space theme
Thanks, Lowell, I always thought the first generation T-Bird was the absolute best looking Thunderbird and from there they grew into heavy land cruisers instead of staying a nice two seater sporty car, but we all have different tastes in automobiles that's why there were so many diverse models. Thanks for the visit
07-13-2020, 08:09 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice shot of this big bird, buddy. I was around 15 when this thing was new, and I remember when my Dad bought a new car about that time ('62 Big Mercury), I tried - unsuccessfully - to persuade him to buy a T-Bird, but no such luck. Thanks for the memories, my friend. It also recall the Beach Boy's famous tune featuring the T-bird.

Jer

---------- Post added 07-14-2020 at 12:13 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
Lowell, I don't want to highjack Larry's thread, but I agree with every word you said. When someone mentions a T-Bird, this is the generation that comes to my mind . . . . . followed by thoughts of the '57.

Jer
07-14-2020, 03:24 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Nice shot of this big bird, buddy. I was around 15 when this thing was new, and I remember when my Dad bought a new car about that time ('62 Big Mercury), I tried - unsuccessfully - to persuade him to buy a T-Bird, but no such luck. Thanks for the memories, my friend. It also recall the Beach Boy's famous tune featuring the T-bird.

Jer

Fun, Fun, Fun - The Beach Boys (with lyrics) - YouTube

---------- Post added 07-14-2020 at 12:13 AM ----------

Lowell, I don't want to highjack Larry's thread, but I agree with every word you said. When someone mentions a T-Bird, this is the generation that comes to my mind . . . . . followed by thoughts of the '57.

Jer
I had a ‘65 for a while as a project car after I finished my avitar. While the front was similar, at least from head on, the rest got more angular. I agree with Larry, the 55 though 57 were like baby fords, (even the 58 to some extent) But from there they went their own way as a personal luxury car. It was like sitting on a cockpit, in the 65 with controls even on the ceiling, and a fold out of the way steering wheel, but by 65 they were getting squared off and angular in shape.