Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
How many collect glasses that go with your beer?
Lens: DA* 55 1.4 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: My house ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1s Aperture: F4 
Posted By: normhead, 07-20-2020, 01:21 PM

It's beer o'clock around here, but I got in from building the new garden shed 10 minutes early? What to do?
Take a picture of the beer, sorry, no retakes.

Views: 532
07-20-2020, 04:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shot of my favorite beer. I like the way you lined them up in front of the chair.
07-20-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by foxandcrow Quote
Great shot of my favorite beer. I like the way you lined them up in front of the chair.
One look through the viewfinder and it just seems like the thing to do. I actually had to move the chair, we only have one that's been stamped.
07-21-2020, 09:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Where i live it's always beer o'clock. I have somewhere between 10 and 20* branded glasses, and another 10 to 20* unbranded ones that get a loooot of use.

Too late for this, but enjoy the next one.

*exact number is unknown, and may be less than 10 or more than 20 - until now no head count was made.

07-21-2020, 09:47 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by robiles Quote
Where i live it's always beer o'clock. I have somewhere between 10 and 20* branded glasses, and another 10 to 20* unbranded ones that get a loooot of use.

Too late for this, but enjoy the next one.

*exact number is unknown, and may be less than 10 or more than 20 - until now no head count was made.
Is there going to be pictures?
07-21-2020, 09:56 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Is there going to be pictures?
I have not had the chance to put them all in one photo yet, but i can provide proof of at least one matching glass/beer combination.

Currently far away from home on vacation (if it can be called that). After my return home, i could try and put my camera to work - it is a photo that i wanted but never really got around to do it.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
07-21-2020, 01:22 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Awesome..... 9.8? Is that beer or wine?

I do know one that has it beat, Bolshevik Bastard at 9.9. but I haven't see it for a while.

07-21-2020, 03:15 PM   #8
Veteran Member

It is a beer that from what i understand is frozen, and only let to thaw until al that is left frozen is water. That way the taste is more intense, and you also get mor alcohol - something like the opposite of distilation.

edit: i also have an example on hand that is even stronger
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
07-22-2020, 04:51 AM   #9
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
How many collect glasses that go with your beer?
I don't just stop at beer... I do Whisky and Gin glasses too.
07-22-2020, 06:23 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I don't just stop at beer... I do Whisky and Gin glasses too.
So what you're saying is you'd provide pictures, but it's one of those tasks you don't want to start because it would take so long to do it properly?
07-22-2020, 07:13 AM   #11
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
So what you're saying is you'd provide pictures, but it's one of those tasks you don't want to start because it would take so long to do it properly?
Quite possibly... just found a branded Vodka glass too...