Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
C&C for a Mosaic - 7 images
Posted By: wa5am, 11-04-2008, 05:08 PM

Hi all,

Here are some images that we would like to use to create a mosaic for a Christmas card. Seven dogs...

I would be very interested in C&C on what I might do to improve these prior to creating the mosaic (I still have the RAWs). Also any suggestions on how to arrange them in the mosaic, which one for center, etc.

Thanks for any input, good or bad.

All taken with K20D and FA77

-Morg-
Views: 1,655
11-04-2008, 05:13 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
They all look very good. Only suggestion I have is the last one is the only non head shot might want to crop it.
11-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
They all look very good. Only suggestion I have is the last one is the only non head shot might want to crop it.
Thanks! You're right about the last one, and he's gonna be a bear to get up in the same position as the others so I can sort of get him in the same perspective. He weighs 80+ lbs, and sort of doubt my wife will want to try to hold him in her lap!
11-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
Damn Brit

Cute dogs Morg. Personally I would put #1 or #3 in the centre (don't ask me why, I just do.)

I can't see anything specific regarding PP but probably, once you have them arranged in the order you want, you'll need to make minor adjustments to balance things.

After seeing what Dave said about the last one, why not make that the centrepiece instead of cropping it?

11-04-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
JMR
Veteran Member

I don't know what to say. I really like 3&4, bu they are all good. He or she certainly has personality. I would start with No-2, the ponderous look.

JMR
11-04-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
Damn Brit

How about laying them out in a spiral?
11-04-2008, 07:14 PM   #7
jeffkpotter

Ha, ha what a wonderful rogues gallery! No crit from me.

11-05-2008, 05:41 AM   #8

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Cute dogs Morg. Personally I would put #1 or #3 in the centre (don't ask me why, I just do.)

I can't see anything specific regarding PP but probably, once you have them arranged in the order you want, you'll need to make minor adjustments to balance things.

After seeing what Dave said about the last one, why not make that the centrepiece instead of cropping it?
Thanks Gary, I like your idea of putting the bulldog as the centerpiece.

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
I don't know what to say. I really like 3&4, bu they are all good. He or she certainly has personality. I would start with No-2, the ponderous look.

JMR
Beleive me JMR, these guys and gals do have quite a personality. They are also spoiled rotten. The guy in #6 (next to last) was 11 years old this month. He is the papa to #2 and #4, and #3 is the mama. Thanks for the feedback!

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
How about laying them out in a spiral?
Spiral sounds interesting. Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkpotter Quote
Ha, ha what a wonderful rogues gallery! No crit from me.
Thank you Jeff!

Anyone have any suggestions about a background for the mosaic? Should I simply use white and insert each image with a soft vignetted border, or should I take a frame of the background I used with them out of focus with the bokeh and use something like that?

Thanks for all the comments!
-Morg-
11-05-2008, 05:48 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
these shots make me laugh (in a good way) ... such lil characters arnt they!!! that 1st shot cracks me up... very cute... and #6 is great aswell... they r all sweet shots, so the rest of the decision is up to u
11-05-2008, 05:56 AM   #10

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
these shots make me laugh (in a good way) ... such lil characters arnt they!!! that 1st shot cracks me up... very cute... and #6 is great aswell... they r all sweet shots, so the rest of the decision is up to u
Thanks! laughing is good too! They even make me laugh when I study them, and I see the little boogers every day!

-Morg-
11-05-2008, 01:48 PM   #11
Veteran Member

wow, so cute. Stunningly captured. The eyes and the expression really make the pictures winners.
11-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #12

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
wow, so cute. Stunningly captured. The eyes and the expression really make the pictures winners.
Thank you James. BTW, I perused your website, and really enjoyed it. Very well done indeed...

-Morg-