Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
A Happy Anniversary
Camera: iPhone Xs Photo Location: Lake Jackson, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 08-03-2020, 12:12 PM

A year ago today, I took my first ride on my then-new, carbon-fiber fitness bike. As luck would have it, while I was riding today - exactly one year later - my bike passed the 3000 mile mark.

Jer

Views: 693
08-04-2020, 10:44 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
You did do some pedaling in a years time Jer, another 3000 this year?
08-04-2020, 11:21 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Congrats Buddy!! Excellent!
I hesitate to say that I did a lot more miles on two wheels ... but with the support of 1200cc/129hp of V4 engine

Hope all is well, my friend!
08-04-2020, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

I'm very impressed, 3000 miles in a year....time for an oil change I would say.

I don't cycle anymore...either on a stationary or regular bike, but I do try to go for a daily 25 minute walk in the city park , which is about a minute from our house. Early mornings are best, I'm usually the only person out there at this early hour, but I occasionally see others, mostly of the old codger vintage like me.

08-04-2020, 02:27 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
I hesitate to say that I did a lot more miles on two wheels ... but with the support of 1200cc/129hp of V4 engine

Aprilia????

Good work Jerry! Too hot to do those miles outside! I need to get moving more so I should use you as a good example instead of sitting here typing!
08-04-2020, 11:20 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Aprilia????
Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer
08-05-2020, 05:54 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
You did do some pedaling in a years time Jer, another 3000 this year?
Thanks, Heinrich. 3000 miles is typical annual mileage for us. When I retired my current bike's 10-year-old predecessor last year, it had over 28,000 miles on the clock - an average of 2800 miles/year.

Jer

Hey, thanks Norbert!! I think the summer treks that you make on your Honda are very cool! I wish I had your sense of adventure!

All three of my vehicles - my bike, the 911 and my little Bimmer - accumulate around 3000 miles a year - as do Connie's bike and her BMW X3.

Stay safe, buddy!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I'm very impressed, 3000 miles in a year....time for an oil change I would say.

I don't cycle anymore...either on a stationary or regular bike, but I do try to go for a daily 25 minute walk in the city park , which is about a minute from our house. Early mornings are best, I'm usually the only person out there at this early hour, but I occasionally see others, mostly of the old codger vintage like me.
Hey, Les, thanks much. It's good you're getting out for some exercise. Exercise is good for the body and the mind - and my 73-year-old mind needs all the help it can get!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Aprilia????

Good work Jerry! Too hot to do those miles outside! I need to get moving more so I should use you as a good example instead of sitting here typing!
Thanks, my friend. My wife told me to tell you not to use an old pirate like me for a role model.

Jer

08-06-2020, 04:17 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey, thanks Norbert!! I think the summer treks that you make on your Honda are very cool! I wish I had your sense of adventure!

All three of my vehicles - my bike, the 911 and my little Bimmer - accumulate around 3000 miles a year - as do Connie's bike and her BMW X3.

Stay safe, buddy!

Jer
Talking about adventures:
A friend who will retire in a few month came up with an "interesting" idea (before this Covid19 mess started). We should fly with a one-way ticket to India, buy 2 Royal Enfield motorbikes and drive back to Germany ...
To be honest, it is a tempting idea. Though my wife thinks I am crazy.

Let's see how the world is looking 12 month from now. Visiting "incredible India" would be fun ...

If the Covid situation permits I will ride to eastern Poland (close to the Ukrainian border) for about 10 days late in September this year. Also not bad at all.

Stay safe Jer and please say Hi to Conny!
08-06-2020, 06:08 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Talking about adventures:
A friend who will retire in a few month came up with an "interesting" idea (before this Covid19 mess started). We should fly with a one-way ticket to India, buy 2 Royal Enfield motorbikes and drive back to Germany ...
To be honest, it is a tempting idea. Though my wife thinks I am crazy.

Let's see how the world is looking 12 month from now. Visiting "incredible India" would be fun ...

If the Covid situation permits I will ride to eastern Poland (close to the Ukrainian border) for about 10 days late in September this year. Also not bad at all.

Stay safe Jer and please say Hi to Conny!
Wow - that would be an amazing adventure for sure!!

Jer
05-02-2021, 09:48 PM   #10

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
A year ago today, I took my first ride on my then-new, carbon-fiber fitness bike. As luck would have it, while I was riding today - exactly one year later - my bike passed the 3000 mile mark.

Jer

Great context
05-03-2021, 06:31 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brainwave Quote
Great context
A few weeks ago, I celebrated passing the 6000-mile mark. I posted pics of that too.

Jer