Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Attempting some prod
Lens: HD PENTAX-D FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6ED DC WR Camera: K-1 
Posted By: Serkevan, 08-08-2020, 04:21 AM

One of my mates from work bought a camera (there may or may not have been some influence of the good old Pentax showing off its qualities once or twice ) to better capture travel moments and such.

He decided on an used Fuji X-A3 as he wanted something light, small, relatively cheap and preferably nice looking. We went on a city walk so I could show him the ropes of the exposure triangle, then stopped for dinner... and well, the light was right for some low-key (does it count as low key?) product shots I think.

Fuji does make beautiful cameras, the brushed metal look is gorgeous. That said, after the K-7/1 I had a hard time adapting to the small size and less-than-stellar control layout/menus - but that's expected for entry-level.

On the technical side, I had only brought the 28-105 as it's the most similar to the 16-50 my friend has, but the all-terrain keeps proving itself. Developed in-camera with the Reversal Film profile and some shadow lift.

Attached Images

Views: 549
09-04-2020, 08:37 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Serkevan Quote
One of my mates from work bought a camera (there may or may not have been some influence of the good old Pentax showing off its qualities once or twice ) to better capture travel moments and such.

He decided on an used Fuji X-A3 as he wanted something light, small, relatively cheap and preferably nice looking. We went on a city walk so I could show him the ropes of the exposure triangle, then stopped for dinner... and well, the light was right for some low-key (does it count as low key?) product shots I think.

Fuji does make beautiful cameras, the brushed metal look is gorgeous. That said, after the K-7/1 I had a hard time adapting to the small size and less-than-stellar control layout/menus - but that's expected for entry-level.

On the technical side, I had only brought the 28-105 as it's the most similar to the 16-50 my friend has, but the all-terrain keeps proving itself. Developed in-camera with the Reversal Film profile and some shadow lift.
Nice job - you could pursue a second career taking product shots lit only by candles.
09-05-2020, 05:44 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Nice job - you could pursue a second career taking product shots lit only by candles.
Thanks! I'm flattered, but this was one of those "I cannot believe it turned out this well" moments