Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
7 Likes  #1
Two iconic Icelandic cityscapes +1
Lens: Hasselblad XCD 21mm Camera: Hasselblad X1D II ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 08-08-2020, 09:25 AM

While I mostly photograph natural landscapes, I also enjoy a lot working on cityscapes. In this post, I'll share with you three images of iconic man-made buildings, shot in Iceland during two different trips there. All images have been shot with Hasselblad​ X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm with Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters on the first two of them. First, the Gotham-city like Hallgrimskirkja in Reykjavik, Iceland. Exposure was 203 seconds:

Then, the iconic Sun Voyager in Reykjavik, Iceland. Exposure here was "just" 91 seconds:⁠

And finally, a repost of Northern Lights over the Black Church at Budir, which I revisited, cropping the image a bit on the right side to de-center the church a bit more (a change inspired by a forum comment, actually). Exposure for this one was a meagre 23 seconds, camera was the original X1D and of course no filters for this one:

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Views: 638
08-09-2020, 10:37 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
All three are marvelous, Vieri! I especially like your rendition of the Sun Voyager - an amazing shot of an amazing structure.

Jer
08-09-2020, 06:12 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The metal sculpture is my favorite .
08-10-2020, 02:48 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I really like the second two. Fantastic colors!

08-10-2020, 04:57 AM   #5
Veteran Member

First one is a real negative space marvel. The way how the church blends into the rest of the scene is smooth as silk. Propably thanks to symmetry. Those trees on lower right part are actually a nice addition to the image.
08-13-2020, 01:09 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
All three are marvelous, Vieri! I especially like your rendition of the Sun Voyager - an amazing shot of an amazing structure.

Jer
Thank you very much indeed Jer, glad you enjoyed them!

QuoteOriginally posted by pichaser Quote
The metal sculpture is my favorite .
Thank you very much, glad you liked it!

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I really like the second two. Fantastic colors!
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed them!

QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
First one is a real negative space marvel. The way how the church blends into the rest of the scene is smooth as silk. Propably thanks to symmetry. Those trees on lower right part are actually a nice addition to the image.
Thank you very much indeed, I am glad you enjoyed the composition & use of the space / symmetries

Best regards,

Vieri
08-13-2020, 01:21 AM   #7
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Stunning images. Love them.

08-14-2020, 02:44 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pqberger Quote
Stunning images. Love them.