Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
360 Degrees Vegas @ Night
Posted By: daacon, 11-05-2008, 06:15 AM

Las Vegas buring 1,000,000 Kw

South
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3153/2996335286_af1ac3eaa8_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

North
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3026/2995501755_650cd0920c_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

West
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3016/2995514189_e7768abf2d_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]

East
[IMGWIDEleft]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3034/2996332760_83f07cf40e_b.jpg[/IMGWIDEleft]
Views: 2,886
11-05-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
wow... talk about electricty consumption!!! awesome series mate... really interesting to look at.. i saved these onto my comp (hope you dont mind)
11-05-2008, 06:22 AM   #3

Love the way the blue light pops on all of them!! Did you use a custom WB or something else?

Nice shots!

-Morg-
11-05-2008, 06:25 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Up in the Eiffell Tower again NIce work.

11-05-2008, 07:28 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good looking shots Dave. It's been a little too long since I've been there. My wife has never been and I should get her there someday. That's a great view and you used it well.

Brightest city in the world and I was told that the shuttle pilots use the city lights as a navigation landmark. But they can't look down at the Luxor because the roof light is bright enough to blind you even at 100+ miles away.
11-05-2008, 07:31 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by distorted_vision Quote
wow... talk about electricty consumption!!! awesome series mate... really interesting to look at.. i saved these onto my comp (hope you dont mind)
THanks DeeVee - no problem at all - make for good computer wallpaper.

QuoteOriginally posted by wa5am Quote
Love the way the blue light pops on all of them!! Did you use a custom WB or something else?
Nice shots!
-Morg-
Thanks Morg - nope shot raw - I think I metered on the brightest spot for each pic. I believe there were just 'auto' in CS3 convereted to jpg's. Might have been some manual adjustments after the fact , but I don't think so.

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
Up in the Eiffell Tower again NIce work.
Thanks Pat - spoken like someone who has been there Best $12.00 I spent the whole week (well the buffet at the RIO was only $20.00 and it was pretty damn good as well!)

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Good looking shots Dave. It's been a little too long since I've been there. My wife has never been and I should get her there someday. That's a great view and you used it well.
Brightest city in the world and I was told that the shuttle pilots use the city lights as a navigation landmark. But they can't look down at the Luxor because the roof light is bright enough to blind you even at 100+ miles away.
Thanks Peter - I can believe that totally. We are pretty close and like I said with seat sales and room sales - getting there is relativley inexpensive - now staying there can be a whole other story - but ya know - set a daily limit - live by it there is so much more to do than just gamble.

Last edited by daacon; 11-05-2008 at 07:46 AM.
11-05-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Dave,

I like this urban landscape series -nicely done!

However, I suspect had you brought a light meter and done a reading, I suspect it would have fried the circuits or just overloaded!

Cheers,
Marc

11-05-2008, 04:16 PM   #8
Damn Brit

Nice starry night was it Dave?

Great series, I like them.
11-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Marc Langille Quote
Hi Dave,
I like this urban landscape series -nicely done!
However, I suspect had you brought a light meter and done a reading, I suspect it would have fried the circuits or just overloaded!
Cheers,
Marc

Thanks Marc - you are so right. In one of gigs a few years ago I was involved in the Power Deregulation Project here in Alberta. During taht time I got very familiar with consumtions and generation - every time I go to Vegas at night I gtruly do see Kilowatt hours just zooming by

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Nice starry night was it Dave?
Great series, I like them.
Thanks Gary - evey night in Vegas is a Stary night
11-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #10
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote

Thanks Marc - you are so right. In one of gigs a few years ago I was involved in the Power Deregulation Project here in Alberta. During taht time I got very familiar with consumtions and generation - every time I go to Vegas at night I gtruly do see Kilowatt hours just zooming by

Thanks Gary - evey night in Vegas is a Stary night

I know that you know that I know that you know I was talking about a different kind of star.
11-05-2008, 06:37 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I know
11-05-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Gah! I used to see almost that exact view all the time flying helicopter tours there for a year. I must say I don't miss that town at all... Nice shots though. I loved flying night tours of the strip. It's very beautiful there at night... especially when the city was ringed by distant thunderstorms and we could watch the lightning hitting the mountains in the distance. During the day it looks like Bagdad .
11-05-2008, 07:26 PM   #13
JMR
Veteran Member

Nice series and that's quite a place.

JMR
11-06-2008, 04:42 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Gah! I used to see almost that exact view all the time flying helicopter tours there for a year. I must say I don't miss that town at all... Nice shots though. I loved flying night tours of the strip. It's very beautiful there at night... especially when the city was ringed by distant thunderstorms and we could watch the lightning hitting the mountains in the distance. During the day it looks like Bagdad .
Thanks Josh that would be way cool. Of all the times I have been there I have yet to do the Helicopter tour. Almost did it last year. Want the Grand Caynon / Strip package - maybe next year. I would love to see a lightening storm in the background - you must have seem some awsome sights at night.

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
Nice series and that's quite a place.
JMR
Thanks JMR - I don't think there is a place like it anywhere.
11-06-2008, 05:33 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Woe Dave ... this is amazing.
Thanks for sharing such amazing images of Vegas ... I'll probably never get a chance to visit in my lifetime ... so it ialways nice to see great images like this.

The magnitude/size of the city ... and the lighting as wall is astounding ... all in the middle of nowhere really.