Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
14 Likes  #1
Brittany's Lighthouses
Lens: Hasselblad XCD 21mm, 30mm & 45mm Camera: Hasselblad X1D II ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: The Madshutter, 08-11-2020, 09:35 AM

Brittany's coasts are an amazing mix of natural beauty and man-made intervention, famously in the shape of lighthouses. I selected here three of them for you:

Phare du Petit Minou at sunrise, 1 second exposure with Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 21mm & Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Phare de Men Ruz at sunrise, 181 seconds exposure with Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 45mm & Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Sunset storm at Phare de Pontusval, 6.3 second exposure with Hasselblad X1D II, Hasselblad XCD 30mm & Formatt-Hitech Firecrest Ultra filters.

Thank you for viewing, best regards

Vieri
Views: 785
08-11-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
These should go in a published album.
08-12-2020, 08:55 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Excellent as always. You have a photo style that is your own.
08-12-2020, 09:35 AM   #4
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by The Madshutter Quote
Brittany's Lighthouses
Starting to feel a bit of a themed thread here... another set wonderful images that we've come to expect your your good self.

08-12-2020, 01:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't see "the little cat" (le petit minou) ... lol ! Europe is not just huge urban areas. Magnificent images, my friend !

Regards
08-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

VB -these images are superb. I know how you did the bottom two, and they are excellent. But what's the story with the clouds in the top image - they seem to have time-lapse motion, but the sea is captured differently. What's your secret?
08-13-2020, 11:56 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I always look forward to your postings, Vieri. As always, these three are gems.

Jer

08-14-2020, 02:43 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
These should go in a published album.
Thank you very much, that is truly much appreciated!

QuoteOriginally posted by bscott Quote
Excellent as always. You have a photo style that is your own.
Thank you very much for your kind words, much appreciated indeed!

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Starting to feel a bit of a themed thread here... another set wonderful images that we've come to expect your your good self.
I thought it'd make sense if I'd post images grouped by themes, rather than one by one... Thank you very much for your comment, I am glad you enjoyed this set as well!

QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
I don't see "the little cat" (le petit minou) ... lol ! Europe is not just huge urban areas. Magnificent images, my friend !

Regards
Thank you very much Richard, glad you enjoyed them! Yes, Europe is full of incredible natural areas, if one goes and look for them!

QuoteOriginally posted by ProfessorBuzz Quote
VB -these images are superb. I know how you did the bottom two, and they are excellent. But what's the story with the clouds in the top image - they seem to have time-lapse motion, but the sea is captured differently. What's your secret?
Thank you very much indeed, glad you enjoyed them! About your question, it's just the way the clouds looked with a 1 second exposure - no secret tricks, besides deciding to photograph them on a day they looked like this

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I always look forward to your postings, Vieri. As always, these three are gems.

Jer
Thank you very much indeed for your kind words Jer, I am glad you are enjoying my work - and this set as well!

Best regards,

Vieri
08-14-2020, 05:34 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Vieri, beautiful images.
There is a lighthouse thread on the Forum. It would be great if you added these to it.
08-15-2020, 02:02 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Vieri, beautiful images.
There is a lighthouse thread on the Forum. It would be great if you added these to it.
Thank you very much Rod, glad you enjoyed them! Thanks for letting me know, will do! Best regards,

Vieri
08-15-2020, 12:15 PM   #11
Veteran Member

As always Vieri, marvelous images. The second image is my favorite but not by much. They are so beautiful and each a little different.
08-16-2020, 05:34 PM   #12
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A stunning set of images. Gives me something to aspire to...... beautiful !!
08-17-2020, 01:02 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
As always Vieri, marvelous images. The second image is my favorite but not by much. They are so beautiful and each a little different.
Thank you very much indeed Susan, I am glad you enjoyed them! I love them all, and as you said they are all different, but that sky in nr. 2 was something else!

QuoteOriginally posted by pqberger Quote
A stunning set of images. Gives me something to aspire to...... beautiful !!
Thank you very much indeed, that is very kind of you to say, glad you found my work inspiring!

Best regards,

Vieri