Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
8 Likes  #1
A matter of time
Lens: DA 16-85 Camera: K-3II Photo Location: Blueridge Parkway ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: slowpez, 08-11-2020, 01:53 PM

Waiting for a storm to approach. It came and the lighting was beautiful.


Views: 422
08-11-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,698
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
the lighting was beautiful.
You are right about that! A fantastic image!
08-11-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,439
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
You are right about that! A fantastic image!
Thank you Todd. We had lots of lovely stormy weather on the trip so it was great.
08-11-2020, 05:30 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Heinrich Lohmann's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Airdrie, Alberta Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 7,694
Susan, that really is a wonderful image. So, I'm not the only one that likes stormy weather - within reason that is. Thanks for posting this one.

08-12-2020, 12:09 AM   #5
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Kerrowdown's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hielands o' Scootlund
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 50,804
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Waiting for a storm to approach. It came and the lighting was beautiful.
Wonderful image that has a timeless classic painterly feel to it.
08-12-2020, 06:06 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 22,944
The pre-storm sunlight is just perfect - a cool comparison of the dark, foreboding storm and the cheery feel of the tree . . . . . . . before the hammer falls!

Jer
08-12-2020, 06:44 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,439
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Heinrich Lohmann Quote
Susan, that really is a wonderful image. So, I'm not the only one that likes stormy weather - within reason that is. Thanks for posting this one.
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Wonderful image that has a timeless classic painterly feel to it.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
The pre-storm sunlight is just perfect - a cool comparison of the dark, foreboding storm and the cheery feel of the tree . . . . . . . before the hammer falls!

Jer
Thank you all for having a look and commenting. I did manage to get soaked and our picnic was shortened but it was lovely anyway.
08-12-2020, 07:31 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2014
Location: Minnesota
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,710
Great lighting on this one

08-12-2020, 08:41 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,439
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hjoseph7 Quote
Great lighting on this one
Thanks a lot hjoseph.
08-14-2020, 05:20 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,384
Outstanding photo.
08-14-2020, 07:34 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,439
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Outstanding photo.
Thank you Janse.
08-14-2020, 07:36 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Rense's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Zetten - The Netherlands
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,015
Amazing, Susan! I like it a lot. It's like a painting from another era....
08-14-2020, 08:22 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
K2 to K50's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ipswich QLD Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,685
As a Johnny-come-lately to viewing this pic, I can only echo everyone else's comments - some wonderful play of lighting here. The dark clouds against the vibrant and bright yellow, and the lush green of the tree. And again, echoing everyone else - it really does look like the work of a painter of nature.

Of course, with this type of subject, it is only by following the link to the larger image available on your Flickr site that you can truly appreciate the image you have caught here.
08-14-2020, 10:48 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
slowpez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South Carolina, USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 18,439
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rense Quote
Amazing, Susan! I like it a lot. It's like a painting from another era....
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
As a Johnny-come-lately to viewing this pic, I can only echo everyone else's comments - some wonderful play of lighting here. The dark clouds against the vibrant and bright yellow, and the lush green of the tree. And again, echoing everyone else - it really does look like the work of a painter of nature.

Of course, with this type of subject, it is only by following the link to the larger image available on your Flickr site that you can truly appreciate the image you have caught here.
Thank you both for the very kind comments. I am so glad you enjoyed the photo.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does UV matter in digital ? lotech General Photography 38 01-06-2020 07:33 AM
Abstract Size DOES Matter! Dewman Post Your Photos! 3 10-14-2019 04:27 PM
Macro Deep in the Heart of the Matter Dewman Post Your Photos! 4 10-13-2019 02:27 PM
Weekly Challenge Weekly Challenge #448 - A matter of perspective RGlasel Weekly Photo Challenges 17 02-11-2019 08:57 AM
Just a matter of time? surfar Non-Pentax Cameras: Canon, Nikon, etc. 4 06-05-2016 02:57 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:16 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top