Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Disembodied Window
Lens: D FA 15-30 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Inside ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Sailor, 08-14-2020, 11:26 AM

Cool on the inside; hot on the outside.

Jer

Views: 613
08-23-2020, 04:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You gotta love the Texas Heat well... Until its starts to snow then you wish for the Heat

TFS

cheers
08-23-2020, 06:09 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
You gotta love the Texas Heat well... Until its starts to snow then you wish for the Heat

TFS

cheers
Hey, Ivan - how's it going?

Jer
08-23-2020, 03:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Seen better days but good to be back here and there .
This Bug has effected us all in same way or form .
So how is life for you my favorite Texian

08-24-2020, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Seen better days but good to be back here and there .
This Bug has effected us all in same way or form .
So how is life for you my favorite Texian
We're doing fine, Ivan, although the pandemic has cramped our style quite a bit, as well. The worst part is we can't visit our kids and granddaughters in Katy, Texas and Enfield, Connecticut. We're also sweating out a couple of tropical storms in the Gulf of Mexico, which often happens this time of year. Still, I've got to a lot to be grateful for, so I shouldn't belly ache too much!

Jer
08-24-2020, 08:59 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I keep looking to see if Raymond Burr is in that room somewhere Jer.

We are tired of this whole pandemic too. Sure hope it doesn't last much longer but I fear with school starting and all those college kids partying, it may resurge. We are lucky that we can get out in the RV once in a while but, even then, so many parks, etc. are closed it is almost not worth it.
08-24-2020, 05:04 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I keep looking to see if Raymond Burr is in that room somewhere Jer.

We are tired of this whole pandemic too. Sure hope it doesn't last much longer but I fear with school starting and all those college kids partying, it may resurge. We are lucky that we can get out in the RV once in a while but, even then, so many parks, etc. are closed it is almost not worth it.
Raymond Burr would look great peering out of the shadows. So would Craig Stevens, who played Peter Gunn. During my gout bout (ho, ho) last fall, I watched the old B&W Perry Mason episodes on Amazon Prime. Recently, I've started watching Peter Gunn - a B&W noir series that ran in the late '50s and 1960 (nobody in those days was as cool as Pete Gunn). Mancini wrote the music, and some pretty serious jazz musicians played the cool stuff throughout. A lot of the B&W private detective series were cropping up in those years with cool jazz backgrounds. That's when I caught the jazz bug (you dig it or you don't) that has been a passion all of my life.

Regarding the pandemic, I have the precisely the same concerns as you do.

Jer

08-25-2020, 07:19 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Perry Mason
Ha, I was thinking Rear Window for this shot. Do you remember that one? It was a classic.
08-25-2020, 09:52 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Like the pix of the lighted window at night. Who knows what mystery lies...etc.

Raymond Burr was one of the great heavies (in reference to his bad guy persona) in movies of the 1940's and early '50's. I like his 'Perry Mason', in fact think he caught this character the best of any actor.

But on the other hand, I have thought how moviedom lost one of the best bad guys, when he concentrated on doing his very successful and busy TV series.

Peter Gunn...and the accompanying music is another of my favourites and I've watched this series on pay TV.

Others I like include Roger Moore in the TV series, The Saint, along with his Volvo P1800...a car he liked driving so much he had three of this model as his personal car(s).

Also Dangerman starring Patrick McGoohan. Think it was called something else in the U.S. market.

Other TV series were of course The Avengers with Patrick MacNee and Honor Blackman and the later series featuring Miss Diana Rigg.
08-25-2020, 03:51 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
Ha, I was thinking Rear Window for this shot. Do you remember that one? It was a classic.
I love that movie! "Rear Window" would have been a perfect title for the shot and thread, but the thought never entered my old brain.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote

Raymond Burr was one of the great heavies (in reference to his bad guy persona) in movies of the 1940's and early '50's. I like his 'Perry Mason', in fact think he caught this character the best of any actor.

But on the other hand, I have thought how moviedom lost one of the best bad guys, when he concentrated on doing his very successful and busy TV series.

Peter Gunn...and the accompanying music is another of my favourites and I've watched this series on pay TV.

Others I like include Roger Moore in the TV series, The Saint, along with his Volvo P1800...a car he liked driving so much he had three of this model as his personal car(s).

Also Dangerman starring Patrick McGoohan. Think it was called something else in the U.S. market.

Other TV series were of course The Avengers with Patrick MacNee and Honor Blackman and the later series featuring Miss Diana Rigg.

Hey, Les - thanks for looking. I loved all of those shows, although I think "Danger Man" was titled "Secret Agent" in the US, but I may be wrong. The Avengers, which was on one of the big three networks in the states, was my favorite. I still have crush on Mrs. Peel.

Jer
08-25-2020, 04:32 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote

How could you leave off "Have Gun - Will Travel"?
08-25-2020, 04:38 PM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by arnold Quote
How could you leave off "Have Gun - Will Travel"?
My only defense is...senior's moment.

I believe his business card said something like this:

"Have Gun - Will Travel"

" Wire Paladin - San Francisco"

My wife when she was a kid was a fan also, although being very young, she wondered back then as to why Paladin's first name was "Wire".