Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Takumar 8-element sample
Lens: 8-element Takumar 50mm Camera: KP Photo Location: North Carolina Aperture: F1.4 
Posted By: 7.62lew, 08-22-2020, 08:23 PM

I was playing around with the Takumar 8-element (more samples on my flickr page). This is a Spotmatic with an early 7-element attached. The Spotmatic is well used and needs repair. I believe the 7-element lens was used little, if at all. Together they just look like they were machined from one solid piece of metal.

[IMG][/IMG]
Views: 214
08-26-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
retired sw engineer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 7.62lew Quote
I was playing around with the Takumar 8-element (more samples on my flickr page). This is a Spotmatic with an early 7-element attached. The Spotmatic is well used and needs repair. I believe the 7-element lens was used little, if at all. Together they just look like they were machined from one solid piece of metal.

[/url][/IMG]
Yes, old equipment can be neat, even neater perhaps using old lenses with a new body. I plan to use my own 8-element lens with my Q-7, but only after Metabones gets around to shipping my focus-reducer.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
8-element, camera, flickr, photo, spotmatic, takumar