Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
Yellowstone
Camera: Pentax K-3 II Photo Location: Yellowstone National Park 
Posted By: cobbu2, 08-24-2020, 03:48 PM

A series (with more in progress) from a visit this past 10 days to Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming and Montana.

All were taken with the Pentax K3 II and the SMC Pentax-DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL IF DC WR or the HD Pentax-DA Fish-Eye f/3.5-4.5 10-17mm ED

Steamboat Geyser

Gibbon Falls

Elk on Mammoth Hot Springs

Trout Lake (with the 10-17mm Fisheye Zoom)

Yellowstone River Grand Canyon South Rim

The Hayden Valley

Last edited by cobbu2; 08-24-2020 at 04:59 PM.
Views: 730
08-24-2020, 05:01 PM - 1 Like   #2
maw
Pentaxian

Hi,

I like them, all in the Yellowstone Park?

Mario
08-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Thanks Mario! Yes, all of these are within the park; it just goes to show the many diverse attractions there are Yellowstone.

Cheers, Allan
08-24-2020, 08:10 PM - 1 Like   #4

Well photographed. Many different things to see in that iconic park. Beautiful colours and well presented pictorial. Everything is nicely framed.

08-25-2020, 06:17 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you Isac! This was my second trip to Yellowstone; my emphasis this time was the northern and central locations, having seen the southern main attractions during my first visit.

Cheers, Allan
08-25-2020, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cobbu2 Quote
Thank you Isac! This was my second trip to Yellowstone; my emphasis this time was the northern and central locations, having seen the southern main attractions during my first visit.

Cheers, Allan
I have been there 10 times stretching all the way back to 1991. Try to get there very year since I retired in 2016. I have met up with three different Pentaxians while out there. I like the northern half of the park too. Less crowded and more critters.

To me the bast thing about the park is that it is different every time you go. Never presents the same face two days in a row. It is the type of park you have to stop and watch rather than drive by and check things off. I have even caused a few bear jams over the years because once you set up the big lens people take notice. A good pair of binoculars and a good spotting scope really adds to the experience too.
08-25-2020, 08:58 AM   #7
maw
Pentaxian

it just goes to show the many diverse attractions there are Yellowstone.
QuoteOriginally posted by Isac Quote
Many different things to see in that iconic park.
having seen the southern main attractions during my first visit.
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I have been there 10 times stretching all the way back to 1991.
I would like to go there but I would like to meet them too... haven't you ever met them?

Wanted

08-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
I would like to go there but I would like to meet them too... haven't you ever met them?

Wanted
Not the real ones, thank goodness! Just a fair amount of elk, a LOT of bison, and a few marmots. And the park rangers were helpful!
08-25-2020, 11:10 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I have been there 10 times stretching all the way back to 1991. Try to get there very year since I retired in 2016. I have met up with three different Pentaxians while out there. I like the northern half of the park too. Less crowded and more critters.

To me the bast thing about the park is that it is different every time you go. Never presents the same face two days in a row. It is the type of park you have to stop and watch rather than drive by and check things off. I have even caused a few bear jams over the years because once you set up the big lens people take notice. A good pair of binoculars and a good spotting scope really adds to the experience too.
Absolutely! I'll get back there again I'm sure, but we have Death Valley NP next on the list for December.

There were a few bison jams, but a great treat on my last day there, was (spotted by a traffic jam of course) this elk was grazing in the grass.

Cheers, Allan
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
08-25-2020, 11:40 AM - 1 Like   #10
maw
Pentaxian

but we have Death Valley NP next on the list for December
I am translating a book "I don't know if I can do it" by Dan Margulis the title is 'The Canyon Conundrum' and since he is an authority on color correction and Canyon,
I hope you will visit ''Zabriskie point and Badwater Basin'' two of the most famous places in Death Valley.
This link refers to the origin of the respective names, although I think you've read about them, it's only for literature.

N. B. Remember to take some nice pictures of the canyons and those areas, when you come back if you want you can send them to me.
08-26-2020, 07:22 AM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A truly mouth-watering set of images, cobbu2! Unfortunately, short of winning a lottery, I will never get there, but have watched a number of fascinating docos. Your images here make a very fine addition to all the docos and other images I have seen of this iconic destination.
08-26-2020, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What a wonderful set of images! The one of Trout Lake is particularly compelling IMO. Wish I could have been there. At least I get to see it thanks to you.
08-26-2020, 06:33 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
I am translating a book "I don't know if I can do it" by Dan Margulis the title is 'The Canyon Conundrum' and since he is an authority on color correction and Canyon,
I hope you will visit ''Zabriskie point and Badwater Basin'' two of the most famous places in Death Valley.
This link refers to the origin of the respective names, although I think you've read about them, it's only for literature.

N. B. Remember to take some nice pictures of the canyons and those areas, when you come back if you want you can send them to me.
Thanks! Those places are on my short, but growing list to see in DVNP.

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
A truly mouth-watering set of images, cobbu2! Unfortunately, short of winning a lottery, I will never get there, but have watched a number of fascinating docos. Your images here make a very fine addition to all the docos and other images I have seen of this iconic destination.
Thanks, much appreciated! As time goes on, I'll be adding more... there's so much to cover there.

QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
What a wonderful set of images! The one of Trout Lake is particularly compelling IMO. Wish I could have been there. At least I get to see it thanks to you.
Many thanks for the kind words! Trout Lake is at the far northeast of the park in a much more remote area. A hidden gem for sure!

Last edited by cobbu2; 08-28-2020 at 04:43 AM.