Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Something Has Their Attention
Lens: HD DA55-300mm f4.5-6.3 PLM Camera: K-3II Photo Location: Boerne, TX ISO: 640 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F7.1 
Posted By: ToddK, 08-30-2020, 08:03 AM

and it is not me. White Tail Deer are everywhere in the Texas Hill Country, including many neighborhoods.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 465
08-30-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
First-rate photo, Todd. I've been out that way several times, and we briefly thought of moving in that general area after retirement. However, when retirement rolled around, we were still sailing and decided to stay put.

I've yet to get my 911 on those wonderful roads in the Hill Country - what a terrific place to drive!

Jer
08-30-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Terrific lighting and posing! Dad, mom, and fawn? Family portrait; junior is shy.
08-30-2020, 01:11 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
First-rate photo, Todd. I've been out that way several times, and we briefly thought of moving in that general area after retirement. However, when retirement rolled around, we were still sailing and decided to stay put.
Thanks Jer! My wife and I really loved the area around Boerne.
I've yet to get my 911 on those wonderful roads in the Hill Country - what a terrific place to drive!
Just make sure that you don't do a fast drive at dusk or your 911 might be sporting a new antlered hood ornament.
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
Terrific lighting and posing! Dad, mom, and fawn? Family portrait; junior is shy.
It is mom, the little one and an older sibling. I have attached Dad, although he wouldn't come out of the brush to give me a better shot.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
08-30-2020, 01:28 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I should have realized dad would have a bigger rack.
08-30-2020, 03:04 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Just make sure that you don't do a fast drive at dusk or your 911 might be sporting a new antlered hood ornament.
That's the truth! We lived in Michigan for about 15 years, and deer could be a real hazard; and Michigan deer are BIG suckers!

Photo of Dad is terrific.

Jer
08-30-2020, 03:11 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
White Tail Deer are everywhere in the Texas Hill Country, including many neighborhoods.
As I think that the road from San Angelo to Fredricksberg has more road kill on it than any road I have ever driven. beautiful area though.

08-30-2020, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Apet-Sure Quote
I should have realized dad would have a bigger rack.
Yeah, he was the wary one of the bunch. There were several other does around, so he must have been the big buck on the block.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Photo of Dad is terrific.
Thanks Jer!
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
As I think that the road from San Angelo to Fredricksberg has more road kill on it than any road I have ever driven. beautiful area though.
I can see why now that I have visited the area.