Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoo
Lens: DA 55-300 Camera: K30 
Posted By: Cee Cee, 09-22-2020, 06:43 PM

I could hear a racket going on in a pine tree in nearby parkland, so I wondered over with my camera. About 30 or so of these Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoos had hit the tree and were demolishing the pine cones, under the tree it was raining pine cones. The tree was on the side of a hill so shooting from the high side to get the best angle put the sun directly behind, even though there was cloud cover it was a very bright background, which made things a bit difficult, this was one of the better ones!
sorry I have no exif data on this shot as gimp won't output exif if the word "PENTAX" is in the camera make data feild when loaded into gimp. I usually change it to "Pentax" then all is good, but I forgot to do it.
exif f8, 1/3000, iso800

Last edited by Cee Cee; 09-23-2020 at 04:25 AM.
Views: 467
09-22-2020, 06:49 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Cee Cee Quote
I could hear a racket going on in a pine tree in nearby parkland, so I wondered over with my camera. About 30 or so of these Yellow Tailed Black Cockatoos had hit the tree and were demolising the pine cones, under the tree it was raining pine cones. The tree was on the side of a hill so shooting from the high side to get the best angle put the sun directly behind, even though there was cloud cover it was a very bright background, which made things a bit difficult, this was one of the better ones!
sorry I have no exif data on this shot as gimp won't output exif if the word "PENTAX" is in the camera make data feild when loaded into gimp. I usually change it to "Pentax" then all is good, but I forgot to do it.
I keep a folder of files directly from the camera which is separate from the folder of photos the have been processed by gimp, so I can always go back and look at the original EXIF.

Apart from that detail, this is one of those interesting sights available only to those of you who live in NASA-land.
Thank you for capturing this one for us.
09-22-2020, 07:42 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I keep a folder of files directly from the camera which is separate from the folder of photos the have been processed by gimp, so I can always go back and look at the original EXIF.

Apart from that detail, this is one of those interesting sights available only to those of you who live in NASA-land.
Thank you for capturing this one for us.
thanks reh321, The first time I've seen these .... I still have the original PC files & still on card as well, this is linked from my flickr account using a different PC, I'll edit when I get a chance, when I dump from card to PC I usually then list by file type which separates the raw from jpeg then select all the jpegs and edit the exif using windows properties/details, Then change one of the Jpegs to "Pentax" in the camera make field and that then applies to all the shots selected. I just forgot to do this ( when you select an number of shots and look at properties/details only the data fields common to all selected are shown and can be edited and applied to all selected, handy for adding your name to the copyright field also.)
cheers