Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11 Likes  #1
Common Blue in autumn
Lens: Irix 150mm macro lens Camera: Pentax K70 Photo Location: Near my homeplace in the Taunus mountains in Germany ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/30s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: forest_bear59, 09-23-2020, 04:48 AM

... taken from tripod with self-timer (2 seconds) and pixel shift resulotion enhancement. Because of a little wind just one of 10 pictures gave me the desired result. But I'm very happy with it. Regrettably the uploaded picture cannot show the quality of the original photo.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 425
09-23-2020, 05:03 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Beautiful image! It must have been nice to have such a cooperative subject to allow a longer exposure. I can imagine how nice this looks in the high resolution version.
09-23-2020, 06:26 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Terrific shot! What a beautiful butterfly. We're supposed to have one similar in our area but I haven't seen one yet.
09-23-2020, 09:38 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Exquisite shot of a dainty butterfly!
Best.

09-23-2020, 06:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by forest_bear59 Quote
... taken from tripod with self-timer (2 seconds) and pixel shift resulotion enhancement. Because of a little wind just one of 10 pictures gave me the desired result. But I'm very happy with it. Regrettably the uploaded picture cannot show the quality of the original photo.
Even at this resolution, this is a very nice image - beautiful. No Flickr, Onedrive, or other cloudshare you can share the original with us?
09-24-2020, 09:35 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Regrettably the uploaded picture cannot show the quality of the original photo.
Well, if this is the downgraded version, the original must be truly outstanding! Excellent image.
09-25-2020, 06:30 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Even at this resolution, this is a very nice image - beautiful. No Flickr, Onedrive, or other cloudshare you can share the original with us?
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
No Flickr, Onedrive, or other cloudshare you can share the original with us?
I'll have a look at the possibilities. Give me some days. And thank You very much for the nice comments.

09-26-2020, 05:22 AM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
This is a small part of the picture from above in full resolution. You may at least get an idea why the Irix 150mm glass is a 'real performer' for me, and why the 24 MP of KP or K70 are enough for my needs.
The new APS-C camera will shurely be a very nice 'sweetheart' but let's be honest: the already existing hardware is really great!

CU
Stephan
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
09-26-2020, 02:08 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is a small part of the picture from above in full resolution. You may at least get an idea why the Irix 150mm glass is a 'real performer' for me, and why the 24 MP of KP or K70 are enough for my needs.
The new APS-C camera will shurely be a very nice 'sweetheart' but let's be honest: the already existing hardware is really great!

CU
Stephan
The 10% keeper ratio is within my expectation of success . A challenge is good for the soul . Beautiful
09-27-2020, 04:46 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

CU
Stephan
Absolutely astounding detail - Top Notch!!