Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Winter is coming
Lens: DA*300mm Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Abisko National Park, Sweden ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F9 
Posted By: Fries, 09-24-2020, 03:08 PM

In these trying times I drove to the north of Sweden and back. I clocked more than 6.000 kilometers which resulted in my aging VW Golf having more than 500.000 kilometers on the clock! Because Corona cases were rising, the weather was getting worse and I have a problem with one of my feet I broke of the trip early. But not after I made a hike to a mountain lodge where I could camp for some day's and do some stuff with the stunning scenery. This is one of the results. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Remco

Views: 638
09-24-2020, 04:55 PM - 1 Like   #2
maw
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fries Quote
I clocked more than 6.000 kilometers which resulted in my aging VW Golf
Hi Fries,

These landscapes I like only in photos, but I prefer to live warmer, however we hope that in the meantime the covid is won and a new spring comes. But poor VW Golf...Huf..Huf..!

A greeting from Sardinia, Mario
09-24-2020, 08:48 PM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shot and it makes me glad we at the other end of the seasons
09-26-2020, 12:51 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Hi Fries,

These landscapes I like only in photos, but I prefer to live warmer, however we hope that in the meantime the covid is won and a new spring comes. But poor VW Golf...Huf..Huf..!

A greeting from Sardinia, Mario
I am glad you at least like the photo Mario! The last night it was 1 degree above zero in my little tent but I have camped in freezing conditions. I share your hopes concerning the Covid situation and I am glad the people in Italy trough their efforts are in a better place compared with this spring. And a car has to be driven! The alternative might otherwise be the junkyard...

Greetings from the province of Fryslân in the Netherlands, Remco

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Great shot and it makes me glad we at the other end of the seasons
Thanks! I can understand you guy's having no problem with a little bit cooler and wetter weather.

09-26-2020, 02:15 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
In these trying times I drove to the north of Sweden and back. I clocked more than 6.000 kilometers which resulted in my aging VW Golf having more than 500.000 kilometers on the clock! Because Corona cases were rising, the weather was getting worse and I have a problem with one of my feet I broke of the trip early. But not after I made a hike to a mountain lodge where I could camp for some day's and do some stuff with the stunning scenery. This is one of the results. Enjoy!

Cheers,

Remco
My area has been very hot and the smoke of wildfires is still vexing . A better time outdoors beckons us . Thanks for posting a vision of hope for we who need it .
09-26-2020, 03:23 PM   #6
maw
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am glad you (at least) like the photo Mario! The last night it was 1 degree above zero in my little tent but I have camped in freezing conditions. I share your hopes concerning the Covid situation and I am glad the people in Italy trough their efforts are in a better place compared with this spring. And a car has to be driven! The alternative might otherwise be the junkyard...

Greetings from the province of Fryslân in the Netherlands, Remco
Hi Fries,

You deserve a good one just because you have done so many km, the photo(s) are the consequence. I love the mountain and everything around it, but only when there is no snow.

But my thoughts also go to the poor VW Golf who has done and I assume will do many more km, I wish you, and consequently I wish you to take many more beautiful photos.

Greetings, Mario
09-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by maw Quote
Hi Fries,

You deserve a good one just because you have done so many km, the photo(s) are the consequence. I love the mountain and everything around it, but only when there is no snow.

But my thoughts also go to the poor VW Golf who has done and I assume will do many more km, I wish you, and consequently I wish you to take many more beautiful photos.

Greetings, Mario
Hi Mario,

I have taken much more photo's and I'll be sharing those shortly! And don't worry about my little diesel VW Golf. It gets serviced regularly by the same shop I bought it from.